Chapter Eight: A Gift Regifted

(Changbin's POV):

       Following Chan confronting me with our relationship we have been talking about what courses of action to take. We have settled that we will be going on a date to make sure our feelings are for real—and that date is today. I panic silently in my room not knowing what to wear. Although we hang out together everyday, and go out to eat and whatnot this feels different. I guess the only difference between today and any other day out together is that we labeled it—and our acknowledgement of our feelings for eachother. Yet, I still feel psyched out...Maybe this is a bad idea. 

       After dumping my whole closet on my bed and shifting through piles of clothes, I pick out an outfit. A black fleece turtleneck, a pair of black dress pants, and a Gucci beige Marmont belt. I don't even attempt putting my clothes in the closet right now, instead I start putting the outfit on. I tuck my shirt into my pants and fix my belt, when I feel like something is missing. I search through my pile and take out a long black dress shirt and put it on, leaving it unbutton. I hum to myself pleased with my choice of clothing and pick up my cologne from off the dresser, spritzing it.

       "Okay Changbin, this is happening." I whisper to myself putting the bottle back down on the dresser.

       I put my hand on my doorknob taking a deep breath before turning it. I open it and head to the kitchen with a sudden burst of confidence. I walk out and I'm taken aback at the scene in front of me, pleasantly surprised.

       "Oh, wow Bangchan," I look at the dining table in front of me, set like a restaurant. Candles set on the table with a vase of roses, some of the petals have fallen on the table adding to the romantic atmosphere. But, my date is nowhere in sight. I wander into the kitchen looking for him, "Chan?"

       "Ah, Changbinnie go, go sit!" He pushes me out, guiding me to my seat pulling my chair out for me. I sit down and watch Chan scurry back into the kitchen. "I'm almost done, wait a few more minutes."

       I patiently sit down fidgeting with a flower petal on the table anxious, my suddenly confidence dissipates the longer I wait. When he comes back out holding two glasses of red wine. I chuckle, "Wow you are really going all out huh?" That's when I notice the chef's apron on him, and I smile to myself, cute.

       "What? Is this too cheesy for you?" He smirks, placing a glass in front of me.

       "No, no, I love it."

       "Good, 'cause I was just about to eat your food for you if you were to say 'no'." He smiles with his eyes, looking up at me.

       He leaves once more heading into the kitchen, quickly coming back with two plates of food. He places one plate in front of me; I notice the metallic ring riddled with diamonds resting on his finger. He takes his apron showing off a black flannel with brown and white patterned outlines, as well as some black dress pants. My eyes gravitate to the metal chain on the black cloth canvas residing between two open buttons on his shirt. Then my eyes go all the way down looking at the steak, pasta, and vegetables on my plate.

      "It looks really good Chan," I waste no time in cutting the stake and stuffing my mouth.

       He sits down across from me, "Thank you." He starts eating his own food.

      "How did you get Hyunjin and Jisung to leave the house?"

      Chan smirks once more and stops eating, "I made use of the whole condoms situation. I told them I'd be bringing someone over and make use of them. They left without a word, quite fast too. The least argumentative they've ever been"