Chapter Three: Chan's makeshift present

Chan's POV:

We sat there for a bit- just looking at each other. I had felt butterflies the whole interaction not knowing what to do with myself until he cleared his throat and focused his attention elsewhere. He himself probably felt the tension in the air. I hurry and stand up wiping the pines from the tree off my clothes and head to my room.

"I'll be back."

"Alright, no need to rush." He waves me off.

I go to my room to change out of the clothes I slept in. I shift through my mainly black closet looking for a top and bottom to wear. I just settle with a black hoodie and sweatpants. I pull the strings tight on the pants and tie them. I spread my bed and tidy my room a bit. I make sure my computer is charged for when I use it most likely later. I then go to the bathroom to use it. I wash my hands and look up at the mirror taking everything in. Here I am, alone with Changbin, once again.

I was actually going to go out for Christmas and make use of those condoms but when Changbin said he'd stay with me it caught me off guard. Wanting to spend more time with him than a one-night stand, I ended up staying.

I look away from the mirror and head to the bathroom door to exit. I feel conflicted about whether I should be expressing my feelings to Changbin knowing the possibility of this conservative country influencing his thought process. I will not only lose the person I love, and talk to, but a friend that genuinely understands me.

I walk back into the living room and think about how I'm going to bring up my make-shift present which is dinner. It's quite hard for me to just ask him to go out to dinner with me without it seeming like a date in my head. I sit for a minute and think before speaking up.

"How about we- um go out and eat dinner."

"That sounds nice, why not?" He says getting up. "You should have told me earlier I would have gotten ready by now." He walks to his room.

I am quite taken aback at how fast he accepts my offer. I sit on the couch for some time looking through our group chat with the others. There are a few pictures of the members with their families as per Changbin's request. I respond to the pictures wishing them a great holiday away. When Jisung starts a call in the group chat. I open the FaceTime call to be met face to face with Jisung's chubby cheeks filling the whole screen, his eyes shining brightly.

"Hey Hyung!" Jisung says moving a little farther back from the screen.

"Hi Jisung." I can't help but smile at the slightly immature man in front of me. It doesn't take long for Felix, Hyunjin, and Jeongin to join the call.

"What is everyone up to?" Hyunjin says, his face is not fully on the screen, only his forehead is present.

"Me and my sisters were playing a game until you guys called." Felix responds.

"I was actually helping my brother with some homework but now that you called I have an excuse not to." Jeongin smiles in his camera mischievously, his eyes squinting and his bubbly voice emitting.

"Ooh~?" I smile amused.

"Where is Minho, and Seungmin?" Hyunjin says, his camera now facing the ceiling.

"They are probably busy, or just choose not to pick up. Who knows what's going through their heads." I respond with the most logical answer I could think of.

"Where is Changbin Hyung?" Felix asks.

"He's getting ready right now."

On cue Changbin emerges from his room wearing a black sleeve shirt, with dark wash jeans on the more baggy side, paired with a black hat on his head. His slight dark curls peek from under it. The shirt fits his frame hugging his torso. The shirt tucked into his pants brings attention to his hips. I gulp then flip the camera to face Changbin.