Chapter Seven: A Kiss Towards Acceptance

(Chan's POV):

       Over the past week or so, as we are promoting and things like that; I've got a lot of concerned questions from the members. It's a curse and a blessing that we have such close and caring friends. Any other time I would feel appreciative. But, something like this I can't just talk about with someone else unless Changbin was okay with it. And, I have a feeling he doesn't want to talk to me right now. Let alone does he want to look at me.

       We aren't really talking right now, unless it has to do with work and it's killing me. And, deep down I am hoping that he feels the same. I feel like all my uneasy feelings would be a complete waste if he didn't even care at least a little.

      To be honest I haven't been in the right state of mind either. It's just me constantly thinking that I might have just ruined Changbin and I's friendship. Maybe even the group as a whole. What if he leaves the group? What if he never talks to me ever again?

       And, it's been like this all the time. Even when talking with the others I just zone out and start worrying. It's sprouted into more issues. Changbin and I haven't been in the same room alone to even work on music unless Jisung or someone else is there. And, it's really taking a toll on the songwriting process. I'm so used to Changbin just throwing out ideas and the three of us making something with it. But, he's gone quiet lately, even for the other members.

       I'm here with Jisung at the moment twirling the steel diamond ring on my finger, thinking about the gifter. Part of me wishing that it was me out with him—bowling or whatever Hyunjin and Changbin are doing—instead of Hyunjin.

       "You should really talk to him." I turn to look at Jisung surprised. "Yes I know about you and Changbin."

       "You do...?"

       "Of course I do! The amount of tension between you two is insane, and it's affecting not only you guys but the rest of us," He pauses. "See, I don't know if you guys think that if you ignore each other, and ignore your feelings if they will just magically go away and everything will go back to normal—It won't, trust me. Respectfully, get your shit together, please, for the sake of the group."

       We sit in silence for a moment, "So do the rest of the members know?"

       "I don't know, it wasn't, and still isn't my place to tell them about your romantic relationships, even if it is with my friend."

       I fidget with the ring on my finger some more, as we both sit in silence.

      "Plus, I was there when he bought the rings." He says under his breath. "He told the jeweler associate that the rings were for someone special. So, I put two and two together not so long ago when I saw you wearing it."

       We sit in some more awkward silence before he breaks it once more, "Now I'm going to leave you to think about how you are going to fix this situation." Jisung stands up, heads to the kitchen and takes something out the fridge before walking off into his room.

       "How am I going to fix this?" I mumble to myself. I don't even know how to even approach Changbin as of right now. I guess I have time until he gets home to figure something out to say.

       I head into my room to clear my thoughts. Sitting on my bed looking off, thinking of all the scenarios and things I could tell him. Both of them are polar opposites of the good and bad situations that could transpire. Worst case scenario one of us leaves the group to keep the peace, best case scenario Changbin and I work through it together.

       Just on time Changbin and Hyunjin walk through the door holding their bowling bags. Part of me lights up, another part of me starts freaking out. Changbin glances at me awkwardly, while walking past me to his room. Hyunjin looks at me and Changbin oddly but dismisses it. He then follows closely behind Changbin in the direction of their rooms. I'm starting to agree with what Jisung said. The group is starting to notice the tension between Changbin and I; and I need to put an end to it before any more of members notice. I make my way to Changbin's closed door. I raise my hand to knock on it but then I stop. Hyunjin walks by looking at me weirdly once more, but ignores me, heading to the lounge. I then knock on his door and wait for sometime before Changbin opens it looking at me.