"Well," Gobber turns around, his moustache on fire. "I guess you know the tail is fireproof."

He licks his fingers, putting the small fire out.

"Sorry, Gob!" I call as he walks away, Hiccup looking at me with a guilty face before snickering.

"Okay, Toothless!"

(D/N) grunts with a roar of protest as Toothless tramples him, rushing to Hiccup.

"Okay, okay, yes! I know, I know!" Hiccup laughs as Toothless races around the two of us in excitement, smacking Gobber with his tail.

(D/N) trots over, sitting besides me with a small rumble as he watches the two.

Hiccup shushes Toothless while chuckling, "I know!" He coos, sitting on the back of his tail as Toothless purrs.

His tail wags, making Hiccup grunt as he tries to put the tail-fin on. (D/N) walks over, sniffing at the tail and nudging Hiccup to hurry up.

"Please, this is not helping."

"Well, well, well! Someone's excited," Eret laughs, walking nearby carrying two logs of lumber.

"They're both fresh off their first dates!" Hiccup replies, adjusting the tail-fin as I walk over with a nod. "Now they're love crazed. Just like I am every day with you, (Y/N)." He winks up at me before focusing on the tail as I lightly laugh.

"We're the ones going crazy," Gobber grumbles, hammering the finishing touch on his new hook. "The sooner they bring back that Light Fury and Sonic Angel, the better."

"Yeah, but to do that he'll need to fly without me." Hiccup sits up, looking over the tail with a nod. "So, time to give this new and improved baby a shot."

He grunts as he rises, Toothless sniffing at the tail with a purr. (D/N) looks it over with a happy rumble, admiring it.

"What do ya think, (D/N)? He's looking sharp, huh?"

"It's like it was never gone," I admire, smiling as Toothless gummily grins back with a chitter.

He fans his tail fins together, in full control of both.

"What do you think, bud?" Hiccup smiles, watching Toothless sway his tail around as he looks at the tail-fin. "Bring her home." He imitates Stoick, "by sundown at the latest!"

Toothless purrs, nuzzling into Hiccup and licking his cheek as Hiccup groans.

"No! Save it for your girlfriend!" He laughs, shoving him away as Toothless hugs him. "Go on! Get out of here."

(D/N) coos, rubbing his cheek against Hiccup's in thanks before padding over to me. He leans his forehead against mine with a soft purr, looking towards Toothless as he calls for him.

"Go on," I smile, rubbing his forehead as he softly snorts and rushes after him.

Both skid to a stop, looking back at us as I join Hiccup's side. He wraps his arm around my waist as I lean my head against his shoulder.

Toothless groans meekly, (D/N)'s ears flickering back as he reluctantly takes another step in the woods before facing us with a sad roar.

"It's okay," Hiccup says after a moment, nodding.

"Go get her!" I encourage, (D/N) smiling with perked ears.

Toothless grunts in excitement, and the two roar at each other. They start running off, occasionally bumping the other playfully before Toothless takes off flying.

(D/N) roars as he rises on his back legs, taking off and quickly following while admiring the tail.

Toothless smiles down at us one last time, flying up into the blue sky. (D/N) does the same, his roar becoming distant as the two disapear behind the clouds.