Troubles in Paradise

Third Person P.O.V

The Crimson Goregutter lets out a powerful roar, making (Y/N) wince before she smiles, jumping off (D/N) and rubbing his neck.

"Welcome to paradise, mate," a Viking greets, offering a fish to a new dragon.

"Well, aren't you a beauty," a woman coos to another dragon as it chitters at her.

"Aw, you're welcome! You're welcome!" Snotlout boasts, making (Y/N) roll her eyes in annoyance. He dumps his helmet on a little boy, making him stagger around. "I took on, like, one hundred trappers. A thousand trappers!" He quickly corrects.

"All with burning undies," Ruffnut fibs, cackling.

Tuffnut rushes forward, his hair tied to his front and acting as a beard. "My thick, full beard almost caught on fire!"

"Just... Just stop." Ruffnut sighs, shaking her head.

"The whole beard thing has really gone to your head, Tuff," (Y/N) agrees, walking past him to (M/N) and Valka.

"So, uh, (Y/N)'s mom, Hiccup's mom," Snotlout flirts as he approaches, making (M/N) raise a brow as she crosses her arms. "Any notes on my bone-crushing assault or was it pretty much perfect?"

Valka snickers, petting a dragon as she speaks. "Oh, it was indescribable. And please, call me Valka. It has been a year."

"First-name basis," Snotlout smirks, backing away a step with a nod.

"Call me by my first name, and you'll wake up with a bald head, boy." (M/N) warns in a firm tone, making Snotlout blink rapidly and nervously laugh as Valka guffaws.

...

"I think the real heroes of the day are (D/N) and Toothless!" Hiccup grins, gently rubbing under (D/N)'s chin before focusing on Toothless. "Isn't that right, bud?" He coos, hugging Toothless and rubbing his head. "What would we do without you, O King and his Second of dragons?"

Toothless purrs happily as Hiccup gushes over him, (Y/N) approaching with a small laugh.

"And here I thought my hero of the day was you, Hiccup! Thanks so much for clearing that up," (Y/N) teases, approaching (D/N) as he wags his tail, Hiccup perking up and looking between the two. "Guess you get a kiss, my brave hero!"

She kisses his forehead as he leans down, purring and nuzzling into her as Hiccup stammers over his words.

"What? But I-- but you-- I did save you though, remember?" Hiccup manages out, (Y/N) humming in thought.

"I believe (D/N) saved me from a man about to strike me down..." She taps her chin before cooing. "Didn't you? Oh, yes you did!"

(D/N) nods, nuzzling into her hug before sticking his tongue out at Hiccup.

Hiccup watches with his mouth slightly opened in disbelief, Toothless rumbling a laugh. "What?!"

"I'm just kidding!" (Y/N) laughs, scratching behind (D/N)'s ear once more before approaching Hiccup. "You're always my hero, Hiccup."

He can't help but smile widely, chuckling softly and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Well, then... Good," he replies, leaning down and pressing his forehead against (Y/N)'s before pressing his lips to hers.

The two were interrupted by Astrid yelling, "we should all start training a lot harder, for sure. That was pretty sloppy."

"Yes! Thank you, Astrid," (M/N) sighs in relief, gently petting Malin before walking over with Valka.