Grimmel, the Hunter

Start from the beginning

"Because... The flock is protected by a Night Fury and a Dark Angel!"

Grimmel pauses mid-step, his eyes widening before he quickly shakes his head.

"Not possible."

"It seems they slipped through your fingers," an older man scoffs.

"Look," Ragnar sighs. "Berk's dragons will follow the Alpha and Beta. So, we'll pay you to capture them and bring the flock to us." He pauses, continuing in a sing-song, "we even have your favorite baits!"

Grimmel raises a brow, turning to where the man pointed. Inside a cage were the Light Fury and Sonic Angel, the Light Fury hiding her face and the Sonic Angel silently staring at Grimmel.

"The only dragons they left us from last night's raid."

"Two females? Hmm."

The Sonic Angel hisses lowly at him, the muzzle wrapped around her face preventing her from using her fire as she stalks around the cage, her scales spiked. The Light Fury wraps tighter in a ball, cooing softly in fear as she hides in her wings.

"So, do we have a deal, old friend?" Ragnar holds out his hand with a smirk.

A dragon roaring catches their attention, the large purple and blue dragon escaping from the men's grip and charging at Grimmel.

"Look out!" People yell, getting out of its way.

Grimmel turns with a bored expression, swiftly drawing his crossbow and firing it at the dragon. It crashes, sliding and landing in front of him, knocked out.

"When all is said and done," Grimmel speaks as the dust clears, the group looking at him. "This young Chief and his little girlfriend will bring me the Night Fury and Echo Angel."

Grimmel turns, dusting off his coat as he walks away.

"They don't have a leader. Just a boy."

...
..
.

"Hiccup..." Stoick's voice softly says, Hiccup as a child looking around. "This is Berk, son."

Hiccup looks around in awe, grinning slightly.

"It's our home."

The sun set in the distance peeked through the clouds, a gorgeous pink and yellow light shining across the sky.

"It was the home of your grandparents, and their grandparents before them."

Stoick holds Hiccup in one hand, looking across the sea.

"And it's my job as Chief to protect us, Hiccup. And one day, when you're all grown up, that job will be passed on to you."

Stoick playfully boops his nose with his finger, Hiccup jumping before nodding.

"Okay."

"And it's very important, son. Because out there... Beyond the sunset..." Stoick points across the sea, sighing softly. "Lies the home of the dragons."

"Wow!" Hiccup softly gasps.

"Aye," Stoick chuckles. "Legends tell of ships that sailed too close to it, only to drop off the edge of the world, never to be seen again."

Hiccup looks between the sea and his father with wide eyes, gasping in horror.

"But those sailors who turned back told tales of a great waterfall, and dragons guarding the entrance to a Hidden World," Stoick continues, gesturing as he speaks.

"Whoa," Hiccup breathes out in awe, looking up at Stoick.

"Not just a Nest, Hiccup. But a land from which all dragons come."

"Even Night Furies?" Hiccup softly questions, tilting his head.

"Especially Night Furies," Stoick chuckles, shaking his head. "And if you talk to Gobber, he'll go on saying he saw a dragon with wings. Like a birdie!"

Hiccup giggles, shaking his head before pausing and shuddering.

"They both sound scary."

"Don't you worry," Stoick gently says, looking down at Hiccup. "One day I'll find the Hidden World and seal it up, so that people and dragons will fight no more."

"Hiccup!" The small voice of (Y/N) calls, making Hiccup gasp as he quickly scrambles out of Stoick's hand, climbing down his body as Stoick chuckles.

"It's (Y/N)!"

"Better go on then, son," Stoick continues chuckling, Hiccup nodding with a grin as he starts racing off.

"(Y/N)! I have to tell you about the Hidden World!"

Hiccup races past (F/N), who laughs and pats his head before joining Stoick.

The two remain silent, looking out to sea and hoping for a better future for their children than fighting dragons.

...

Child Hiccup is so CUTEEEE ;-; ❤❤

So sorry this chapter is so short! I wanted to introduce Grimmel

I added the flashback at the end to make the chapter seem a little longer, but even still it's shORRRT

Blarg

I may have another one up soon! Bye for nowww