47; Promises In Busan.

Start from the beginning

Aahil, with his audacity that she's till yet to know where he got it from turned around, looking at the man whose voice just came. "It's my wife, Abuwi."

Wife? Abuwi? Oh, hell nah.

Is she missing something here?

The sound of something, no doubt Abuwi tsking from the other end of the room came. "See this shameless child. I'm yet to hand her over to you."

"But, we both know it's only a matter of time." Aahil chuckled softly, the sound deep, sending shivers down her spine.

Amina was quick to chase those thoughts away. Wrong time.

The culprit turned around to look at her, before gesturing with a gentle nudge of his head. "Come in, will you? Unless you want to keep standing there." He's still the same Aahil she knows then, good to know. It sounds like something the old Aahil would say.

Meaning, she is not dreaming. It's real. A weird, and abnormal dream.

Pushing past her initial shock, Amina stepped into the room after muttering the Taslim. Shrugging off her satchel bag, before she was able to toss it away on the couch like she was planning to do, it was casually taken out of her hold.

She whipped her head around just in time to see Aahil hanging it on the coat hanger, acting as if he hadn't done anything that would make her heart skip a beat, he went on further to roll the sleeves of his grey button up shirt, it was then that Amina noticed what he was wearing exactly.

A damn apron, a pink one for that matter.

She folded her lips in to hold back her laughter, because she knew there were more pressing issues on ground, like figuring out what is going on than laughing at his fit. She sniffed, putting on her stern face even when she was dying of laughter internally.

He seemed unbothered by it though, instead, gesturing for her to take a seat on the couch. "Breakfast will be served in a few. Just sit back and rest. I'll be done soon." He said to her, his lips now slanted into a small smile before he turned to Abuwi, whom remained seated on the couch opposite the TV, flipping through the channels. "Prepare to be stunned, Abuwi."

The addressed man scoffed lightly, though amusement laced his expression despite trying to pull that serious face of his. "I've been hearing that for the past thirty minutes, and yet, I'm yet to testify to it myself."

"The good things always take time to get, isn't that what you said?"

Abuwi nodded his head slowly, tipping the remote at Aahil. "You learn fast, son. Good to know."

"I learnt from the best anyway." With that said and another smile flashed in their direction, he turned around and disappeared into the area that's the kitchen, leaving her alone with her old man.

She could only stare at the place he'd disappeared to, then back at father while she cautiously approached him, all with one question in mind.

What the hell is going on?

She settled down beside her father, reaching her hand out and placing it on his forehead, to check his temperature. She placed her free hand on her forehead, taking note of the difference.

"You're fine." She mumbled, ignoring the look he gave her, as if asking is she is okay.

Shouldn't she be the one asking that?

She sighed, dropping her hands by her side. She fully faced him, her faced marred with so many questions which she couldn't hold back. "What's going on, Abuwi? Were you brainwashed or something? Tell me, he didn't blackmail you, did he? Why are you suddenly friends with him? And what's with the endearment? And most importantly, why is he calling you Abuwi? That's my name, exclusively mine." She whined the last part, her lips forming a pout.