6; Tangled in Destiny's Thread.

Jumuat Kareem in advance. I'm giving yall your Friday update now.

"We would like to sincerely apologize for the incident, Mr. Tafida. It was a mix-up on our end, and we deeply regret the inconvenience caused," apologized one of the hotel workers, specifically the manager who had been called upon to address the situation.

The manager stood before the guest who had filed the complaint, his lips forming a deep frown. It was evident that he was wary of displeasing the man, considering the significance of his presence.

The guest, seated calmly on one of the plush sofas, appeared emotionless behind the face mask he wore when approached by the manager.

The guest's gaze remained fixed on the manager, who outwardly seemed composed but internally feared the situation escalating in the wrong way. The manager, more than anyone present, understood the potential magnitude of the issue.

The manager then shifted his gaze towards the receptionist responsible for the mix-up, casting a disapproving glare that prompted the worker to apologize as well.

The younger man, visibly nervous with his head hung low, stepped forward. He had been apprehensive ever since he and the others were summoned to the manager's office, sensing that something was amiss based on the manager's tone.

Their suspicion was confirmed when they entered the office and found two guests seated across from each other. One of them they recognized from a little over half an hour ago when she checked in, while the other's identity was concealed by a nose mask.

The lady directed hostile glances at the man, enough to make anyone uneasy, while he appeared unfazed, engrossed in his phone rather than paying attention to her.

The manager, standing in front of the man, seemed on the verge of nervousness. It was an unfamiliar sight, which would have appeared comical if not for the intense glare he directed at them the moment they entered.

Clearly, there was trouble.

The worker fidgeted with his fingers, clearly uncomfortable in the situation. "I sincerely apologize, sir. I mistakenly assigned your room to her. It was entirely my fault." He wanted to address Mr. Tafida by name as well, but he refrained from doing so to avoid any further mistakes. "I'm still new here, and I made this error due to my negligence."

In truth, he initially believed it to be a server error or something similar, as they were undergoing scheduled maintenance when he observed the room was occupied.

However, there was no name written on the room. Being new, he didn't know that an occupied room without a name indicated a VIP guest whose identity must remain undisclosed.

The man had to be a VIP, or else the manager wouldn't have personally handled the situation. The man seemed adept at navigating situations involving influential individuals.

Moreover, the surname sounded oddly familiar.

Aahil shifted his bored gaze away from the man and motioned with his head towards the irate woman seated across from him. "Not me, apologize to her. She's the one causing all this trouble." He made it sound as though he didn’t want to there, and it’s true.