Chapter 3: Sorry, sir, I can't accept this gift

Start from the beginning

Y/N: "What is this, sir?"

Jungkook: "It's a gift from me. Actually, I wanted to properly apologize to you; that's why I bought this."

Y/N: "No, sir, I don't need this. As I told you, it's my job, and I'm not angry with you."

Jungkook: "Please, Miss Y/n, don't deny it. Take it as a gift for cracking the deal. You deserve this."

Y/N: "Uhhh... (thinking) Okay, sir. Thank you for the gift."

Jungkook in his mind: "Will she like it or not? Never mind, I will ask her tomorrow how the gift was. But what if she doesn't like it and lies to me? Should I ask her to open it now? Yes, that's a good idea. If she opens it in front of me, I can see her genuine reaction, so she can't lie later. But is it okay to ask her or not?"

Y/N: "Sir?"

Jungkook: (coming out of his thoughts) "Yes."

Y/N: "Shall we go? We are in the middle of the road."

Jungkook: "Miss Y/n, can you please open the gift right now?"

Y/N: "What happened, sir?"

Jungkook: "Nothing, I just want to see if it fits you or not."

Y/N in her mind: (Fits me or not? What is in the box? I thought it was a brooch or something).

Y/N opens the gift box and sees the watch inside. She's shocked after seeing the gift because it's the same watch Rose showed her once, and she loved that watch and had wanted to buy it for a long time but couldn't because it was very expensive, being a limited edition that very few people could afford.

 She's shocked after seeing the gift because it's the same watch Rose showed her once, and she loved that watch and had wanted to buy it for a long time but couldn't because it was very expensive, being a limited edition that very few people could...

Jungkook observes her reaction as she gazes at the watch with a stunned expression. He's confused about whether she's excited or doesn't like it. He's lost in his thoughts when Y/N speaks.

Y/N: "Sorry, sir, I can't accept this gift."

Jungkook: "What happened, Miss Y/n? You didn't like it? Should I change it and get another model for you?"

Y/N: "No, sir, it's not like that. It's very pretty, and I wanted to buy it for a long time, but I can't accept such an expensive gift."

Jungkook: "Miss Y/n, we should never consider the price of a gift. I'm glad you like it. I thought you didn't like my choice."

Y/N: "Sir, your choice is good. I loved the gift, but seriously, I can't accept such an expensive gift. This watch is more expensive than my salary, and I was already saving money to buy this watch, so I will buy it soon."

Jungkook: "Miss Y/n, you deserve a bonus. This deal was crucial for Jeon Enterprises; it is now expanding internationally, thanks to your hard work. And, as I mentioned earlier, never consider the price of a gift."

Y/N: "But si..." (cut)

Jungkook (firmly): "No 'buts.' You have to take it; that's final. Never say no to a gift."