Huggin' Bandit

The late afternoon sun cast a warm glow over the junkyard as Colt and Shelly stood in front of Pam's caravan. Pam, her hair tightly bound in a big bun, and her muscular frame evident beneath her oil-stained clothes, opened the door with surprise at the sight of Colt. A tiny flying robot hovered behind her, observing the scene.

With oil smudges on her face and a wide grin, Pam examined Colt from head to toe. A moment of awkward silence hung in the air before she broke into a radiant smile, arms open wide. "Ohh, little Colt!" she exclaimed, enveloping Colt in a tight hug. The floating robot, seemingly perplexed by the situation, joined the embrace.

"I've missed ya so much!" she declared, squeezing Colt even tighter. Colt, struggling for breath, managed to stammer, "I-i-I c-Ca-N't bReA-tHe."

Shelly stepped forward, attempting to intervene. "Ma'am, please, could y-you be a—" Before she could finish, Colt extricated himself from the hug, darting behind Shelly. "Oh, c'mon, kids, let's go inside! I have just the treat for ya guys!" Pam announced, seemingly oblivious to Colt's discomfort.

"By the way who is this girl?" Pam inquired. Before Colt could respond, she continued, "Well, doesn't matter, everybody welcome!" With that, she ushered Colt and Shelly inside the house.

Inside the caravan, they found a slightly rusty but still serviceable couch to sit on. "Jessie!" Pam called out. In a flurry, a petite girl with red hair tied into pigtails rushed in, accompanied by a robot dog. Her working goggles accentuated her shy demeanor. "Hello, you're w-welcome," she greeted in a soft voice, then retreated to another room with her robotic dog, and a tiny flying robot. 

"You two wait for me here. I'll bring a few treats!" Pam declared as she disappeared into another room.

Colt, still catching his breath, leaned over to Shelly and whispered, "Well, that was unexpected."

Shelly chuckled, "You seem to have a history here. Who's the hugging bandit?"

Colt smirked, "That's Pam, the women you've been searchin' for. She's been around since I was knee-high to a grasshopper."

Shelly raised an eyebrow, "And the shy one?"

"Jessie, Pam's daughter and the resident mechanic. A bit introverted, but she's got a good heart," Colt explained as they awaited the promised treats in Pam's peculiar but welcoming abode.

After a few moments later, Pam emerged from the room, holding a tray of steaming mugs and a plate of freshly baked cookies. The aroma of warm cocoa and the sight of gooey chocolate chips instantly lifted Colt and Shelly's spirits.

"Here ya go, darlin's!" Pam exclaimed, distributing the treats. "Nothing like a good ol' cup of cocoa and some homemade cookies to make folks feel at home."

Colt took a sip of the cocoa, savoring the comforting warmth. Shelly, more accustomed to the strong flavors of her favorite cactus-based beverages, raised an eyebrow but decided to give it a try.

"So, Colt, what brings you 'round here?" Pam inquired with a twinkle in her eye. "And who's this lovely señorita you've brought with you?"

Shelly cleared her throat, exchanging a glance with Colt. "Well, Pam, the truth is, I'm after an organization," Shelly said, a hint of tension in the air. Pam's expression shifted, anxiety apparent on her face. "From the clues I've gathered so far, it looks like you've got something to do with it. Is there by any chance you—" Shelly's words were abruptly cut off as Pam interjected, "What organization?"

Shelly hesitated momentarily, gauging Pam's reaction, then decided to divulge, "S.P.U.D.E."