The Day of Her Debut

It has already been sixteen years since my classmates and I graduated from Babyls.

During those 16 years, the thirteen of us have successfully accomplished our dreams of what we wanted to do after graduation, and most of my classmates have also started their own families.

For example, Lied is now married to Elizabetta, and throughout their marriage, they have had an 11-year-old named Ella and a 12-year-old named Lucas.

Azz Azz is also now married to Clara, and together they have 14-year-old Amora and 9-year-old Carla, as well as one adopted daughter named Luisa, who is also 14 years old.

Kerori also got married to Sabnock, and they also have their own twin daughters named Emma and Gemma.

While my other classmates chose to get married to some demon who's studied outside of our school, the others made the choice to remain single and enjoy their lives as single.

Meanwhile, I got married to our class homeroom teacher, Kalego.

We now have a lovely daughter named Charlotte.

Even though she is already 14 years old, her existence has been kept secret from both my friends and the demons who were aware of our relationship.

We kept her identity hidden to avoid any potential danger that could arise if they discovered that she was our daughter and the sole successor to my position as the demon king.

So, in order to protect her from any harm, we chose only a few demons that we really trusted in Charlotte's life to know her existence: Grandpa Sully, Opera, Balam sensei, Master Bachiko, my soulmates, Ameri, and her father, Mr. Henri, and they really don't disappoint us that we have chosen them.

All of us made every effort to protect her from danger.

But the task of protecting her became more and more difficult for us, especially since she was already growing up, and she also wanted to go out freely and make some friends on her own, not the ones we chose for her, even though she loves them.

We also know that if we were the only ones who knew her existence, it would not be enough to keep her safe, especially if the nine of us couldn't be there for her when something bad happened.

Even though it's hard for us to make the decision, we all agreed that the best choice to protect her while letting her go out freely is to let her attend Babyls.

To be honest, Kalego was really against the idea that we would send Charlotte to Babyls at first, but when Charlotte heard our plan, she did try her best to convince him to let her attend Babyls.

She has told him how much she wanted to attend school and build more friends on her own, especially since she never had the opportunity to do it before aside from Azz Azz and Clara's children.

Kalego eventually gave up and agreed to the plan after a few minutes of convincing attempts from his daughter, but Kalego asked Charlotte something in return for agreeing to let her go, and that was that she needed to go to the students that he would handle for the year. With the decision that he had made, Charlotte thanked him repeatedly for letting her go to the school.

Someone's point of view

It's been a few weeks since the day that they decided to let Charlotte attend school, and it's already the first day of school.

Charlotte and her friends Amora and Luisa were now very excited that they could all now go to school together without feeling guilty that someone would be left behind.

Once they reached the school grounds, the three of them tried not to let others notice and draw their attention towards them.

Their plan of not letting anyone notice them was successful for the students; however, their plans unfortunately failed for the old teachers and staff who knew Iruma since he was a student there and for the fact that they noticed how Charlotte looked extremely like him.

As they were staring at her, they wanted to approach her and confirm her relationship with him but decided to shrug it off for the fact that she might just really look like Iruma.

After a few minutes passed, the entrance ceremony had already started, as everyone went to find their own places to sit.

Everything went to its place, but it all changed when Chairdemon Sullivan was turned to speak.

The first thing he did was welcome the first year, but the Chairdemon's speech went to [accidentally] tell everyone that his great-granddaughter and her friends are studying for the rest of the school year while showing everyone their picture that they took before they got into the school.

While Charlotte was listening to her great-grandfather's speech, it made her reconsider her decision to continue attending the school, and she tried to hide from her friends' side; however, she was still too exposed to the demon's eyes, and students kept staring at her.

Then the Chairdemon suddenly announced that his great-granddaughter would be giving her speech, but luckily, it was immediately dismissed by her father Kalego.

The entrance ceremony ended quickly, with Charlotte and her friends immediately leaving the auditorium before students went after Charlotte.

But before they could even completely leave the auditorium, they suddenly got dragged by someone that they did not know into what looked like a teacher lounge and saw most of the teachers that they saw at the entrance ceremony.

They were so confused at first about why they got dragged there, but they saw familiar faces behind the other teachers: Kalego and Balam.

Then Kalego explained to them that the teachers who were present were their parents' teachers when they were still studying at the school and dragged them there as the teachers wanted to know them.

While the three were answering the teachers' questions, Charlotte noticed that his father was being teased by another teacher, who had light brown eyes, sandy hair, and white horns.