Chapter 19

[ Reading keys ]

_____________________________________

Character's name : " Talking is like this "

Character's name : * Actions during talking are like this *

Character's name : {Inner talking, inner voices & thoughts are like this}

( Author talking )

Things I want you to focus on are underlined

_____________________________________

With wide-opening eyes filled with nothing but horror and pain, as well as being devoid of life, the frightening creature focused its attention on Atreus for a few seconds after its scream before pouncing on him with murderous intent.

Atreus [ Surprised ] : " Crap! "

Despite its slender physique and little muscles, the creature was quite swift, unlike what its look reflects. It tried to strike Atreus with claw-like fingers, but he was quick enough to avoid it, as Rias watches in terror and silence from a distance as he dodges his shadow. 

Mimir : " What's going on ?! "

Atreus : " * Dodging * It's attacking me and it's fast! "

Mimir : " What are you even dealing with? "

Atreus : " * Still dodging * Some kind of human-like being yet tall and skinny with liveless, dark eyes. "

Mimir : " Wait.... A forsaken soul!!! "

Atreus : " You know * Get down * These things ? "

Mimir : " Yes, painfully. The stories behind these souls are so dark and heartbreaking. Whoever owns the soul must have had an extremely hard existence in this place for his soul to become trapped here. However, it's pretty rare for a forsaken soul to strike a stranger as they're too broken to show any reactions. I'm not even sure if it's actually able to harm you even if it tries. "

Atreus : { * Keep dodging * Could that be right? }

A moment after that thought, the creature accidently hit the wall near it when Atreus dodged one of its attacks; leaving a massive claw-mark on it which answered his question. 

Atreus : " .......I think it can. "

The createur assaulted Atrues once more, and this time he tried to punch the thing away, only to be surprised by how his fist passed through it like it was a ghost (which it was).

Atreus : " What the!!!! "

Mimir : " What's wrong ?! "

Atreus : " My fist passed through it. "

Mimir : " It's a soul, Atreus. What did you expect ? "

The soul was so enraged by Atreus's effort to hit it that it started to assault more quickly and forcefully. Atreus, on the other hand, tried too, yet all his attempts ended with failure.

Atreus : " How the hell am I supposed to fight a soul which I can't even touch ? " 

His thoughts roused his abilities once again to meet his desires, and purple flames formed around both of his hands.