-+# 82

+*___________*+

+*___________*+

When we walked back to the classroom, all eyes were on us, their gazes filled with curiosity and speculation. Jungwon maintained his nonchalant and cold demeanor, as if unaffected by the attention. With calculated steps, he guided me to my chair, his touch gentle yet distant. I gingerly lowered myself onto the seat, feeling a mix of relief and discomfort.

As Jungwon settled into his own seat, his eyes remained fixed on the front of the classroom, giving no indication that anything out of the ordinary had occurred. The teacher resumed the lesson, seemingly oblivious to the lingering tension in the air.

I stole a quick glance at Jungwon, hoping to catch even the slightest hint of emotion. But his face remained stoic, his eyes focused on the teacher, absorbing the information being presented. It was as if he had built an impenetrable wall around himself, shielding his true thoughts and feelings from the world.

Minutes stretched into eternity as the class continued, my mind drifting between the lesson and the enigma seated next to me. I couldn't help but wonder what it would take to break through Jungwon's icy exterior, to see the vulnerability hidden beneath.

With each passing moment, the weight of the situation settled upon me. The pain in my ankle served as a constant reminder of the incident, but Jungwon's cool indifference added another layer of complexity. Did he truly not care, or was he hiding something deeper beneath his mask of detachment?

As the teacher's voice droned on, I found myself stealing more glances at Jungwon, studying the subtlest of his movements. His fingers tapped rhythmically on the desk, betraying a restlessness that his face did not show. It was as if he was battling some internal conflict, a struggle that he refused to reveal to the world.

The final bell rang, and the classroom erupted with the sound of scraping chairs and excited chatter. I gathered my belongings, careful not to put too much pressure on my injured ankle. Jungwon stood up abruptly, his movements sharp and deliberate. He turned towards the door, his eyes fixed ahead, and began walking without waiting for me.

I hastened my steps to catch up, but the distance between us remained. We walked side by side, yet worlds apart. The hallway buzzed with activity, but the silence between us was deafening.

I mustered the courage to break the silence, my voice filled with a mix of gratitude and uncertainty. "Thank you, Jungwon," I said softly, hoping to elicit some response, some flicker of emotion.

Jungwon's gaze flickered towards me, his eyes momentarily betraying a hint of something I couldn't quite place. It was gone in an instant, replaced by his usual cold intensity. "There's no need for gratitude," he replied curtly, his voice devoid of warmth. "It was merely my duty to assist you."

His words hung in the air, a barrier between us that I couldn't breach. Disappointment washed over me, but I refused to let it show. I forced a smile, despite the ache in my heart. "Of course, duty," I replied my tone light but tinged with a trace of sarcasm.

Jungwon nodded, his expression unyielding, before turning away and continuing down the hallway. I watched his retreating figure, a mix of emotions swirling within me. There was still so much I wanted to understand about him, about the walls he had built around himself. But for now, all I could do was wonder and hope that one day, those walls would crumble, revealing the person hidden within.

+*___________*+
82nd chapter

Hello my loves, How are you guys?
I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Please vote, comment, and follow to show appreciation.
If you've already done that, kisses go out to you.

Question of the chapter:
What do you notice first about someone?
Me: Hair

Alright, goodbye pookies!
Leave a cold emoji for this chapter in the comments.

Love ya! See you in the next chapter.
<3

+*_____________________*+