[ii.vi. sedated]

Começar do início

Emma pulls a bill from her pocket, expertly rolling it into a small cylinder. "Well, Miss Killjoy," she states, leaning towards the table, "if you die, I'll die, too. Happy?"

And she inhales sharply, snorting the line before she holds out the rolled bill.

She sniffs, wiping excess powder from her nose.

"Who's next?"

___
Royce is getting her overnight bag ready when the texts start coming through.

Calum: addh

Calum: anahd$(8

Calum: snendnlknh626;!

Calum: laksd

Calum: lajs;lfasd

She frowns, pausing the episode of Grey's Anatomy she'd been watching on her laptop to stare confusedly at her phone.

She's been waiting for Lola's text, since she was riding with her to Kennedy's house to do homework and sleep over.

But, these texts aren't from Lola.

Or Kennedy.

They're from Calum.

They keep coming.

And Calum keeps texting her nonsense.

Calum: )3$2/&/

Calum: handbejeeuwioand

Calum: lais;fa

Calum: aufwr92323dsas

Calum: asdfasdfa93238#%#Q

"The fuck...?"

Wait.

There's more.

Calum: lao;owr293

Calum: as3

Calum: Roie0w8r

Calum: anjoa;me!

Calum: Royoiu29

Calum: Royyyoasdfaotttt

Calum: Royceeeeewww

Calum: ROyceeeyyyyyy

And Royce stares at these texts and doesn't know whether she should be laughing or if she should be worried.

This is weird.

Like, it's weird for Calum and that's saying something.

She's also still pissed at him.

She's also mostly pissed at herself, because she shouldn't have even caught the few feelings she's caught for him and that's more frustrating than anything.

But, she bites her lip, phone in hand as she wonders what to say in response, and how exactly she should say it.

___
Luke realizes quickly that whatever the hell Emma had found in Snake's shit, well, it sure as hell wasn't Adderall.

Luke liked Adderall.

Adderall was a stimulant.

Adderall kept him awake and up and he used to love it at parties, because during sex it kept him awake and it kept him up.

His friends were fucking barely awake and barely up.

It didn't help that the lights were low, alternating between hues of purples and blues as the music blared overhead. There was uptempo house music playing, and as the deejay scratched out one of Disclosure's mixes, Michael was being dragged out onto the crowded dance floor by none other than Luke's favorite person, Emma.