Brit Awards (9.3)

Make sure you read 9.2 first x

~*~*~*~*~*~

There's a chill in the air when you wake up, one that makes you want to sink back into your bed and never re-emerge. Half asleep, you turn over and pull your blanket and duvet further up so it covers your shoulders hoping to find refuge in the warmth you've created, but as you move, you're pleasantly reminded you're not the only one occupying your bed.

Even in his sleep Matty adjusts himself to have you next to him, needing you as close as possible. And it's when you feel his arm wrap around your waist and pull you that bit closer that you blink your eyes open just to see if he's woken up yet, not wanting to miss a second with him remembering he was going away today.

But he's right there, next to you in bed with no intention of leaving anytime soon. His fingers digging into your waist as he holds you closer even in his sleep; not even deep in his slumber does he risk you getting away from his hold.

Seeing him so peaceful, lying beside you with his mouth parted as he softly exhales and his curls spilled over the cotton of the pillow case, you feel your heart squeeze in your chest. In the silence of the room, you find yourself holding your breath like your shaky exhales could disrupt the notion that just became crystal clear: you love him.

You deeply do, and it's a love so easy that it just adds to the things that complete you. The way you love an iced coffee regardless of the weather, even if you scold yourself when your fingers go numb as you walk back home or to the office but your heart feels full at the taste of the cold bitterness running down your throat. The way you love listening to rain hit your windows when you're hiding under your blankets in the warmth of your home.

He's become home. Possibly the most important part of it. Somebody you can be entirely yourself with, who seems to cherish you the way you dreamed of someone doing as a kid. Matty's the one who's made you believe that love is possible again, something you don't have to be so scared of anymore.

It's strange, recognising the feeling you'd previously lost all hope of experiencing again after making peace with the fact that love was never destined for you. But now it's resurfaced, and this time it's more intense, so much more overwhelmingly strong than it ever was years ago.

It's so relieving knowing that you can have it back and with him but it also terrifies you when the feeling is a bitter reminder of how it had escaped your grasp so long ago, entirely against your will, by someone else's hand. It's not like you're expecting Matty to be reckless with your heart, but experience has led you to be wary and despite wanting so badly to freefall into it all blindly and just driven by the fact that you know you love him, you owe it to yourself to tread these waters carefully.

You promise yourself that you'll keep it to yourself for a while, make sure that this isn't just a honeymoon phase with someone you really like and that you're not just getting ahead of yourself. It's difficult since after last night you know it all meant something more, maybe you just want that confirmation from Matty first.

So you'll let yourself feel it, protecting your heart a little by keeping silent, but you hope you can tell him in every way other than verbally. You love him so much. You haven't been this happy in a long time.

You know it's a little selfish of you, but after realising you don't want to waste another second of your time with him or not. You want to see his gorgeous brown eyes again, see that goofy smile you love so much and have him hold you like he never wants to let you go.

So you don't give it a second thought when you lean in to him and peck his lips a few times. And because that's nowhere near enough, you start pecking his whole face in an attempt to wake him up and it takes no time at all.