Wintering (3.3)

Make sure you read 3.2 first x

~*~*~*~*~*~

His attempt to be casual about it prematurely dies when he just can't hide the eagerness in his voice as he unwraps his arms from around you and asks, "Shall we get the blanket out now then?"

You're blushing fast and easy under his stare but you act nonchalantly to appear like the suggestion hasn't made butterflies erupt in your stomach. "I need to finish wrapping before we cuddle, Mister Healy." You did need to do it but it was more so you had more time to get your bearings together.

His face falls slightly, remembering he came unannounced. "Sorry for interrupting."

"Don't apologise at all." It's a quick response because truly it was nothing. He had just made your day by dropping by and the fact that he wanted to stay had you giddy to see what could happen throughout the evening.

You and Matty laugh and talk about what your Christmases are usually like when you go back home as you sit on the floor just in front of him and finish wrapping. And you love that you both get on like a house on fire, you could honestly sit and chat to him for days on end and not get bored or annoyed by him.

Matty is keen to know a lot about you though, and you tell him anything he wants to know. Where you grew up, how you met Amelia, what your school was like for you, when did you move to London. And Matty loved listening to your anecdotes. He really wasn't joking when he said that he would listen if you started a podcast. He loves the sound of your voice.

When you finish wrapping, you put all of the presents back into the bag so you can easily take them back into your room. You tell your guest that you'll be just a minute and you walk back to your room and put the bag of presents beside the rest of them.

As you're about to head back out to Matty though, you spot the big cardboard box in the corner of your room that hasn't moved for months and it's like a lightbulb goes off in your head. You rush over to it and open it and you praise the lord when you see everything's still in there.

When you and Amelia first started doing chicken shop dates, you never thought that there would be a demand for merch to go alongside it. But now your current collections are entirely sold out on your website as you wait for new stock to come in. However, here in your room are the samples that were made and after stealing your own, you left the other ones in the box.

Quickly, you pull out a black one that has the chicken shop date logo in an arrow heart where the breast pocket would be on a shirt. It's a simple design but you absolutely love the hoodies as they're so soft, you always have yours on.

You get a larger size out, recalling Matty's instagram stories and how he's always in baggy jumpers and you hope to god he likes it enough to accept as a very last minute present.

You're about to step out of your room when you realise it'd be better if he closed his eyes so he could still be surprised as you can't wrap it now. So you call out to him from your bedroom door, "Hold out your hands and close your eyes."

He turns and frowns at your instructions, which makes you thankful you'd already hid the hoodie behind your back. Matty asks you, "Why?"

You plead, your voice soft and hopeful, "Please just do it..."

And just because of how you say it, he agrees to it with a simple, "Okay."

You see him close his eyes and turn back around so he's facing the right way again, and you quickly walk back around and stop in front of him. His hands are out waiting like you instructed him to and you hope to God he likes it.