Wintering (3.4)

Make sure you read 3.3 first x

~*~*~*~

Waking up beside Matty is honestly one of the best mornings of your life. It's still a little surreal to you that you'd gone from one of your silly interview dates to him now lying in bed next to you, cuddling you as he sleeps.

Despite it being an ungodly hour in the morning - that no one on Christmas Eve should wake up at - you are thankful that you've woken up before your alarm went off. Purely because you get to see Matty like this.

There's no stress or worries that plague him like you're sure he must go through. He's not trying to make you blush, tease, or show himself off to you. He's just simply himself and he's beautiful.

With that soft pout and his cheek pressed on the pillow, his curls unruly like a halo around his head and you find it so fitting because he truly looks angelic like this.

You're staring at him and you lose track of time, all your focus on memorising every little detail on his face and really holding yourself back from touching his features delicately like he could break under your fingers.

And as you have an internal debate within yourself about how good of an idea it would be to softly brush Matty's curls back and out of his forehead and let you fingers trace the outline of his face, you are startled by his voice.

"S'rude to stare."

You freeze in your spot, drawing your eyes from him to the walls of your bedroom and his chest vibrates next to you when he laughs seeing you blush as he finally opens his eyes.

But then he says, "Good morning baby," in that low raspy morning voice of his, that almost makes your eyes roll back because you just can't cope, but then he's nuzzling into your neck to leave a few kisses on it and you're blushing even harder.

"Oh she's shy again now?" Matty teases, watching you get flustered from up close, "Need I remind you what was going on last night?"

"I don't think that's gonna help your situation." You clearly nod to his case of blue balls that he gave himself last night.

"Right," He accepts the counter argument but when his lips twist in that mischievous smirk of his you know what he's gonna say next will have you either breathless or laughing at his antics. Turns out is the first, when he continues with, "But who doesn't enjoy a bit of edging, huh?"

You lick your lips, with a wicked smile of your own from receiving such a valuable piece of information. "Oh, that's good to know."

"You're already making plans in that head of yours?" Matty's finger comes to poke your temple to which you glare at him.

"I believe you've beat me to them actually." Your eyebrows raise, remembering the mention of how he's got some expectations set for next week's events.

"That's right." Matty nods, his finger drawing softly down your face until it reaches your jaw and he's cupping it with his hand, pulling you in to kiss you sweetly.

You're sure you have ascended because this whole scene sounds so incredibly insane to you that you subtly come to pinch your thigh to make sure you aren't dreaming.

His hand lowers from your jaw to meet the one over your thigh and it's then when it all starts getting heated again. Your tongues meet and his touch on your leg leaves a trail of fire under your skin that has you squirming in your place.

But then you remember what happened last night and why you'd stopped so, getting excited over the same prospect of waiting until New Years, you break the kiss.