Happy New Year (6.1)

A/N: This chapter is so exciting!!!!! It's finally the New Years party and we hope you enjoy this as much as we did writing it! It was so much fun coming up with this whole thing and we're still melting over everything that happens. Especially over a certain cameo *wink, wink* We thank you endlessly for your patience, you lot are the very best!!!! We hope you enjoy and thanks so much for reading!!!!!!! xx

Written by imagine-that-100 and -alovesreading

~*~*~*~*~*~

The thought of forgetting something wakes Matty up slowly and when he catches a glimpse of the time on the clock you've got on your bedside table, he remembers the whole evening in a matter of seconds.

A massive grin breaks on his face when he watches you cuddled up to him, pouty face and breathing so calmly. He closes his eyes again, pulling you in the tiniest bit closer when that nagging thought comes back to him, and it's right then that he remembers you two have somewhere to be.

In his head, getting five more minutes of you like this won't do any harm so he allows himself to let the time pass but the next time he opens his eyes, it's been twenty minutes and he really needs to go for a wee.

Matty curses his biological needs and ignores it for as long as he can, which turns out to be a mere two minutes, until he feels like he can't go any longer holding it in.

Even though he doesn't really want to leave you, he definitely doesn't want to wake you up, so he silently and slowly gets out of bed and sits on the side of it for a second, not wanting to move too quickly because he doesn't want to disturb you.

He looks at you and all that goes through his mind is how lucky he feels to have you like that. It's certainly refreshing to feel warm inside every time he sees you or talks to you, and he's completely sure he won't take anything for granted when it comes to you. He still can't believe it's all working so well despite it being so soon in whatever you two were developing, he's pinching himself time and time again to make sure he isn't dreaming.

Then he looks up at your wall where you have a lot of polaroids pinned up above your bed. Lots of them are ones from your chicken shop dates so there is a variety of people Matty can point out but then his eyes land on the ones from your date. You have both of your pictures, the one you took of him and the one he took of you, pinned up right above the middle of the bed and he can't stop himself from smiling seeing them there.

They are the closest to the bed itself, somewhere where you could actually see them when you were lying down if you wanted to. He finds it beyond cute because he can see that your pictures with Phoebe are higher up than his and he knows his date wasn't the last you had. It warms his heart that little bit more and makes him feel even more special.

After a few seconds doting on the pictures, Matty gets himself up and grabs his underwear and trousers before making his way into your bathroom. He quickly, and hopefully silently, has a shower too and he's in there for no longer than five minutes before he gets himself out and dry and he leaves your bathroom only dressed from the waist down with damp curls.

He's pleased to see that you're still asleep when he opens the door again, and you look so adorable all curled up in bed, he feels bad that he'll have to wake you up to go out soon. So he decides to give you a few more minutes of peace and he silently slips out of your room to go and get you a drink thinking you might be a little parched after your earlier activities when you wake up.

Quietly he opens your bedroom door and slips out, and as he's walking through your lounge to your kitchen he stops when he notices a new painting on the wall.

It's a box painting, a design that he's all too familiar with and he can't help but smile seeing that you've got one of his best friends paintings on your wall. This one is of a forest, a foggy one that has mountains in the background and it looks amazing. And he can't help but smile that you own one of these paintings and it sits proudly on your wall.