The Date (1.2)

A/N: Some chapters to this fic get really long so we've broken them down into smaller sections. Really hope you enjoy our story x

Make sure you read 1.1 first x

~*~*~*~

You're fully not in character anymore when he moves away, you're just so embarrassed. You can't believe you've just kissed Matty Healy.

He sits back and says, "That wasn't the worst thing that's ever happened to me."

You can feel your cheeks heat up now, and because you have no other words you say, "Thank you."

Matty half grins and shakes his head and you can tell he's about to get up from the table, and he says, "I'm going."

So you say an equally awkward, "Thank you... Bye."

"See ya." Matty says as he stands and he walks over to Jamie.

All that's left for you to do is to look embarrassed, which you can't really help at the moment. You're malfunctioning and you don't know where to look. The ghost of Matty's touch so very present on the side of your face, leaving you feeling things you won't be able to shake up in at least a few hours.

You've never been so thankful to hear Tyler shout, "And cut."

Your small crew does a little round of applause and to keep yourself busy and to try and regain some composure, you just take your phone out. As you calm down, you take a picture of the fag and ash in amongst your chickken nuggests and chips.

"Can't believe one finally broke you, Y/N." Your director laughs.

And without looking up, you tell him, "Shut up Ty."

At that you hear your crew laughing and you're sure Matty is too. But you don't look up, not until your best friend comes over and giggles, "That was quite possibly our best episode yet."

"Amelia fuck off a minute, yeah." You smile awkwardly, pushing her away.

But she doesn't let you, instead she smushes her cheek against yours in a side hug and she gets you laughing again. But she embarasses you too when she whispers in your ear, "He fancies you."

At this you shove her away, "Fuck off."

"Can't, need you to do the promo pictures now." Amelia grins and kisses your cheek before standing back up and turning towards where Matty is currently standing by the window with Jamie, "Matty, are we okay to get some promo shots now?"

"Yeah course. Jamie needs to go over something with you as we do, if that's okay?" You hear him ask Amelia and she nods before heading over to talk to his manager as Matty comes back over to join you.

You smile at each other and you feel the embarrassment take over once again. But you try to maintain a somewhat normal and professional person by saying, "Thank you for that."

"The kiss or the date?" Matty grins as he retakes his seat.

"Get fucked." You shake your head, feeling your cheeks start to heat up now and you start to unapologetically laugh.

Matty chuckles freely now too, and he confirms, "The date... It's fun. I see why you like doing them."

"Yeah, they keep me busy." You smile, encouraging a now normal conversation between you in hopes that it'll make you feel more at ease around him.

"You guys ready?" Your photographer Poppy asks the both of you, and after you put your phone back into your coat pocket, you give her the green light once Matty is comfortable too.