New Year's Eve (5.2)

Make sure you read 5.1 first x

~*~*~*~*~*~

You use your free hand to rub your eyes, taking a second for a deep breath before you look back up at him. His grin is huge but you're trying to be serious when you tell him off, "Stop because I'll combust before the starters even come out."

"That quick?" Matty chuckles.

You bite your tongue before raising your eyebrows to warn him, "I'll make sure to remember that later." and both of you start laughing.

When the starters arrive, you and Matty chat about your Christmases and your families. Discussing where the both of you fit into your family dynamics is quite funny, and the way Matty describes what his family is like and how he talks about them makes your heart warm.

Matty loves hearing your stories though. Your various anecdotes about this Christmas and ones earlier in your life have him giggling and it makes him long to make memories with you.

He also loves the way you talk about Amelia. It really seems like you value her just as much as he does the boys, and the love you both have for your friends is nothing but a green flag.

After your plates are taken away, you end up talking a bit about his US tour as he had a few more funny anecdotes he hadn't told you yet. You have your questions for him, and Matty answers them all honestly with a smile on his face, he can't help but find it cute how curious you are, not just for the stories but how you also check if he enjoyed what he was up to.

"You know what I think is a crime?" You ask just after a question about his tour, so Matty can't help chuckle at the complete switch in direction of the conversation.

He asks, "What?"

"That you don't sing This Must Be My Dream live." You call him out on it because it's something you think needs to be addressed, for your sake and everyone else who wants to hear it.

Matty bursts out laughing at that, making you start giggling as well as his laugh is just one of pure and utter joy. You could honestly listen to it forever.

When he calms down, he asks, "Is that your favourite?"

"Maybe on that album, but don't distract me," You smile but shake your head, not letting him change the subject, "I want you to play it on the UK tour. Preferably a day I'm in the crowd."

Matty chuckles at that, expecting nothing less. And despite the fact it's not going to happen, he double checks, "London, Manchester, and Newcastle, right?"

This makes you grin, finally having the upperhand with something to tease him with for a second, "And you say I'm obsessed with you? You've remembered all the dates I'm coming to."

And you take a successful sip of your wine as a mini celebration for getting that in there. Matty loves the smug look you give him, but he can't help but ruin it and bring it back around on you.

"You say that like you haven't paid to see me perform." Matty chuckles, taking a sip of his own wine before continuing, "Which you don't need to do... You can sell the tickets or gift them to someone if you want. I'll put you on the guestlist."

"Damn," You can't help but grin hearing that, "This must be going well if I'm already guestlist approved."

And you really think it is going well. There's never been a moment of silence between you other than when you're taking a second to compose yourself after he's just been overly flirty with you. And even then it's both of you trying not to laugh at your reactions. You love how this date is going, and you're pleased Matty thinks so too.