12. YELLOW

~ A A R Y A ~

"Saara, get up already

"Saara, get up already. We'll be late." I have been trying to wake up this sloth bear since ever but all I'm getting in return from her is, "5 more minutes."

Let me warn you! If you don't want doom to take upon you, never, I repeat never disturb this she-devil from her sleep. The consequences won't work in your favour.

Guess I'm an exception.

"You have been saying this for last one hour." With this I pull out the sheets from her and start tickling her. The room fills with her shoutings and our laughters mixed with some of her colourful curses.

Finally after a long tickling battle, which obviously I won as she was half unconscious in her sleep, she finally enter the washroom with a long sigh.

While she's taking a shower, I dry my wet hair and start getting ready in my yellow coloured saree for the haldi function today.

The sweetheart line sleeveless blouse, patterned drape and a tasseled border add a touch of elegance to the outfit. With a radiant makeup look, hair into perfect wavy curls, minimal jewelry and a printed potli bag, I am all ready to go.

I need to look my best. It's my one and only brother's wedding afterall.

"Saara, I'm going. Make sure to come down fast," I call out before leaving the room.

"Aarya, check if Navya is ready." Now I'm rethinking about my decision of wearing a saree because the number of dynamic works I'm being told to do today are seriously exhausting.

I leave to check on Navya, my soon to be bhabhi, as per my mother's command. As soon as I enter I am greeted with a lot of girls in Navya's room. They probably are her friends and cousins.

"Wow! You look stunning bhabhi," I compliment her. She smiles brightly at that and I move towards her to hug her.

"Bhai will definitely be dead after seeing you in this look." This make her cheeks visibly blush.

I was the first one in the family to know about my brother's love life. When Bhai was in college, he used to come home very rarely that too on holidays. Once I accidentally got hands on his phone when his phone was ringing and he wasn't around. The caller ID was just a red heart. I picked up the call and me and Navya both surprisingly clicked at the first time. Then when Bhai caught me talking to his girlfriend on his phone, you know what must have happened. Poor man had to bribe me for hiding it from everyone and well the rest is history.

After that I basically was a number one shipper of Bhai and Navya. Not to forget that I gave Bhai ideas on how to tell our family about it. Such a good sister I am.

"You too look gorgeous," she says. I shrug while muttering a quick thank you.

"So shall we go now?" I ask to which she nod.