Wounded

The next morning Millie awoke to a pounding head. She noticed that she was in AJ's bed and that she was fully dressed. She found herself struggling to remember the night before and then noticed AJ laying next to her. "Shit!" she whispered, holding the sheet afraid to look under. Taking a deep breath she pulled the sheet up and noticed that he was bare. "What have I done?" she said, scooting back and falling off the bed onto the floor with a thud.

"Millie..." AJ looked down at her from the bed with sleepy eyes "Jesus are you ok?" he stretched out his hand.

Millie recoiled "No...where are your clothes and why am I still dressed?" she stood up on her own as she pressed down her rather wrinkled summer dress.

AJ cleared his throat, everything had happened so suddenly last night. There hadn't been time to take the damn dress off. He found himself wondering if she remembered her initiating the moment. "Well...we...didn't get to it. Everything happened so fast...Why?" he dreaded her stunned expression.

"So you didn't bother to undress me or uh...it was just...to get yourself off. I was drunk...AJ" It was all coming back to her, the kisses, the places her mouth had explored, and the way she had taken over. Her cheeks flushed. "I have to go..." she walked out.

AJ pulled on his pants and walked out buttoning them "Millie...don't do this. You know what happened and how it happened. Please don't pretend you don't."

"YOU...didn't take my dress off. People do that when they want to get the moment over...you know!" she paced the room, running her fingers through her hair. "How could you let it happen? You took advantage of me" she shouted at him with anger.

AJ gave her a glare and then he retorted with fury "You're the one that came onto me." she gave him an offended look and he ran his hand over his head "I didn't mean that...I love you Millie...I wasn't going to...stop..." he stopped.

"You weren't going to stop the chance to finally screw me!" she yelled "You're a pig! You took advantage of the fact that I was drunk. Get out of my room." She turned him around and pushed him out.

He turned back around "Millie that is not fair...you're not being fair. You don't have to feel guilty, he doesn't have to know...no one has to know." he spoke softly.

"What...is this secret to pay for keeping my secret AJ..." she huffed in frustration, as she walked back toward the bed.

He slammed his hand on the door frame, making her jump. "HE DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOU MILLIE!! He chose his wife...so what if you gave in to me, not even two weeks after him." he snapped angry at her.

Millie furiously flung the first thing she could get her hands on at him.

AJ paid no attention to Millie's hands; he just saw the tears nestled in her angry eyes. Then it hit him, pain shot through the side of his face. He bent down holding his eye. "Fuck Millie...I'm not the one that deserves that." he came back up, feeling the gash on his brow.

She bit her lip at the sight of blood on his fingers, he stared at her as his hand covered his brow, his chest heaving with anger. Her look softened as she admitted to herself that last night was vivid in her mind. That she had enjoyed it as much as she imagined he had. He had done the one thing she always wished Howie would have, he told her he loved her. There was no way she could love him, so she had no choice, but to push him away. She loved Howie, nothing would change that, not even an enjoyable night with AJ.

Before either one of them could say anything, Nick and Sarah were in the room "What the hell is going on here?" Nick asked, trying to catch his breath. He looked at the twosome, Millie's shocked expression and AJ holding his brow, the blood dripping from his hand.