Unruly Display

They were almost in the middle of the month of July Millie sat in her room dreading that the same day of Mason's birthday her mother would be getting married. There was a wild knock at the door, Millie's father opened to find a spunky Sarah smiling away at the door "Hello Mr. Nunez, I'm here to pick up Millie for the PARTE!" she continued to smile.

"Come in child. I haven't seen you in so long. How did your mother let you out with so little clothes?" he sighed heavily as Sarah took a seat on the love seat, all smiles "Let me get Millie, I'm glad you're taking her out. She's a mess" he headed down the hall and knocked softly on Millie's door. "Honey..."

Sniffing away the tears and rubbing her eyes with the palm of her hands she looked in the mirror again "Come in dad" she looked away.

"Not again honey...you got to stop!" He gave her a big hug as he heard her ask 'how long it would hurt' against his chest "It's going to hurt for quite a while...but it will slowly go away. Unless you want to forgive them...him" he caressed his daughters long hair "Listen..." he held her shoulders as he looked into her eyes "Just go with your half dressed friend and have some fun. Ok?" he raised his eyebrows and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Ok..." she kissed his cheek "Thanks dad" although her dad tried giving her strength she knew that he was falling apart himself. Sarah sat with her long legs crossed, her short skirt riding up, "Come on..." Millie grabbed hold of Sarah's hand and they busted through the door and into the car.

Nick ran around making sure everything was in order, the place was split into two different groups. All the heavy drinkers and the ones that liked to dance were inside the club. The ones that were into mingling and making out were huddled around a bond fire by the shore, others splashing in the cold water.

He crashed into Kevin who smiled at him."What's up? You got that look on your face..." Nick backed away expecting a smack on the head or some type of insult.

Kevin smiled widely and patted Nick's back "This place is amazing! You are growing up so fast...lately you've been the word of reason around here. I'm proud of you..." he pulled Nick in for an embrace.

Howie stumbled into them "Aw...a Kodak moment." he smiled, then frowned.

"Howard Dwaine Dorough, are you drunk? What the hell is happening to everyone?" he grabbed hold of singing Howie "tear...drops on my...guitar" he sang directing himself with his finger, holding a cup of liquor in his hand. Howie leaned against the wall, while Kevin and Nick nodded their heads. "Ok...last drink so enjoy it." Kevin tried sounding firm.

"You...dooon't understaaaand meee." Howie slurred "I love her...my heart hurts...it's gonna explode any day now." he leaned his head against the wall, as the drink slipped out of his hand.

"I hope you enjoyed that" Kevin raised his bushy eyebrows "Let's get you some air." The guys could see the pain in his eyes as he dragged himself outside Nick held onto Howie as they made their way through the middle of the club. While Kevin took a seat next to Kristen who sat sipping on her coke.

Millie and Sarah laughed, the twosome had stopped by a liquor store and bought a bottle. Millie took the last gulp of Jack Daniels and let out a squeal "Let's go...I'm ready!" she smiled, pulling down her rather short dress that Sarah had lent her. It was a plain dark purple strapless dress, with black pumps that she struggled to walk in and her hair was wild. The twosome danced around as they made their way into the club, quickly they found Kristen and Kevin sitting down.

"Hi...Millie and Sarah, how are you guys?" Kristen smiled widely, giving them a kiss each on the cheek, followed by Kevin. "Listen you two are coming to Mason's first birthday right?" Kristen smiled.