Hobbs looked between the two of them then exited the armory. The door shut behind him, cutting off his last chance at stopping whatever came next.

"Reacquainted? You crossed the fucking line," Elizabeth snapped. "What part of don't-"

"The other knife." Jakob held his hand out. She was good, he'd give her that. He had been so focused on the one sticking out of his vest that Jakob didn't notice she'd stolen his backup as well. "Now."

"I only took the one."

"I'm not playing this game with you. Not tonight. Hand it over or I'll put a bullet in you as well."

The look in her eyes seemed to shift as Elizabeth walked toward him, hands by her sides and palms facing outwards, as if she was trying to prove something.

"You talk a good game, pretty boy, but you don't have it in you. Otherwise you wouldn't be standing there talking about shooting me."

"It's called giving you a chance."

"And that was your mistake." Beth came to a stop in front of him, well within arm's reach. Jakob was all too aware of every single twitch of her body, watching for the slightest indication she was about to try and kill him. "I told you if you stepped outside the hold, it wouldn't end well for you."

"Elle."

"Like I said," she whispered, leaning into him, "you aren't the type. You might tell yourself that if Cipher gave the order it wouldn't be an issue, but right now, you haven't so much as drawn-"

Jakob pressed the pistol's barrel against her stomach at the same time as she dug the tip of a knife into his throat. "What were you saying?"

"You're an arsehole." Elizabeth took a step backward, only for him to follow, then another, and another, until she was up against the door. "Two-faced lying son of a bitch."

"Speak for yourself, Princess."

"Oh, make no mistake, I'm just a bitch."

"So then, am I killing you," Jakob said, looking down at her, "are you killing me, or are we kissing and making up?"

"Bite me, pretty b-"

Her breath hitched in her throat as he caught her bottom lip between his teeth and tugged on it. In response, she dropped the knife, grasped his shoulder and used Jakob as leverage to drive her knee up toward his balls.

"Fight first," he groaned, blocking her with his hand before she could strike him, "fuck after. That how you want to do this?"

"No." Elizabeth quickly shoved his right arm away from her and dropped to her knees to pick up the knife. "Just d..."

Jakob fisted her hair and angled her head back, staring down at Elizabeth as he holstered his pistol with his free hand. It seemed she truly hadn't been lying about that whole fickle thing. "You hit me in the balls, I'll make you kiss them better."

"How about I cut them off then?"

"Elizabeth." His voice was a warning and promise all wrapped up in one pretty bundle of violence. Jakob leaned down, grasping her knife-wielding hand, and dug his thumb hard into the soft tissue between her own thumb and index finger. "This isn't a fight you'll win."

"I've never won one before anyway. Don't imagine that'll change now."

She dropped the knife, hand instinctively flexing open as the pain became too much. He jerked Elizabeth to her feet, turning her around and shoving her face first into the door.

"Then what the hell are you doing?"

"Making you work for it." Kicking off the door, she threw herself into him, angling her body sideways. Naturally, Jakob caught her, leveraging the momentum and sending them both crashing to the floor. Elizabeth landed first, catching herself with her hands and rolling out of reach. "Pashyol na..."