Dom nodded. He was probably about to tell her they couldn't call Mia, or anyone else right now, but if that was what she wanted, they'd figure it out.

Hell, he'd move mountains for her if it came down to it.

"I'll see what Nobody can do."

* * *

"We're not having this conversation again." Cipher shook up a can of compressed air and angled it at the computer fan in her hand, blowing away what little dust remained. "The answer is 'no'."

"Revenge isn't had by clinging to morality. That's what you said. So what will it take for me to jump the queue?"

Cipher set them both down on her desk and frowned. This damn impatience of Shaw's was exactly why she'd tried to nip things in the bud yesterday. Too bad it also played right into her hands. "Ten years in the military."

"Come on!"

"You build bombs, Elle," Cipher said, slumping down on her desk chair. No matter how many times they had this discussion, the answer was always the same. "Demolitions and circuits. That's what you do, and you do it well. And yes, very rarely do you find yourself capable of killing a man, but it's never the right one."

"Oh, for God's sake. Is this about him?"

No. Given he was the only man Shaw had ever killed with her bare hands, though, it wasn't surprising her brain went straight to 'him'. "It's not about Yuri Makarov."

"Then what?"

"You were on base for two weeks."

"Toretto." Elizabeth sighed, easing herself up to a sitting position. "I didn't have a chance."

She could make excuses all she wanted, but the truth was, Elizabeth would never be ready. She'd never 'jump the queue' or find herself within any inner circles because she didn't have what it took to be ruthless.

Not anymore, at least.

"A kitchen knife to the jugular did the job last time."

"That was different," Elizabeth said.

"Because you were in bed with the target or because his wife wasn't pregnant?"

"You know why."

Cipher did, but she'd been hoping Elizabeth would say it aloud. Perhaps then she'd realize how ridiculous she sounded. How weak she'd become after years of sitting behind a desk in Moscow like an overindulged pet.

"If you keep waiting for someone to harm your family before you take action," she said, "you won't have any family left."

Elizabeth's expression turned cold as she pressed her lips together in a grim line and clenched her fists. "Don't go there."

"Yes. Let's." Shaw might've started the conversation, but she'd be the one to finish it. And perhaps this was exactly what it would take to wake her up to her new reality. "How many times does Dom or his team have to put one of your brothers in a coma before you do something about it? Or Hattie?"

"I just asked you—"

"No, Anna, you want to skip to the end of the story. You don't want to do the work required to get there."

"And what work is that?"

"Pick up a gun," Cipher said. "Learn to use it."

She stood up, scowling. A trademark look that every Shaw seemed to possess. "Now who's rehashing an old conversation? I don't need a gun to kill someone."