"Will you just—"

"Alright," she sighed. Elizabeth seated herself atop the bedsheets and slipped her clothes on, leaving a damp spot where water dripped from her hair. "No need to get your knickers in a knot."

"Uh-huh. You've had your fun, Shaw. Now it's time for you to climb out of my bathroom and into yours."

"About that..." There was a little hint of glee in her voice when Elizabeth said, "I'll have to use the front door."

Luke groaned into his hand. She was yanking his chain, wasn't she? If anyone saw her coming out of his room, damp from a shower and with no shoes on, they wouldn't let him live it down. "Your window is locked, isn't it?"

Now that she knew someone was lurking around, security was absolutely paramount. There was no sense in leaving herself exposed, or putting herself at further risk of a visit from their guest. "Unlike you, I take my personal safety rather seriously."

Him? Shaw should've been thanking him for allowing her to stay instead of waking her up and throwing her out on her ass. Or putting a bullet in her the second he heard that bathroom door squeal. "Well, I wasn't expecting Goldilocks to break in and help herself to my bed."

Again, she stood, and made her way to the front door. Elizabeth eased it open only to pause and glance over her shoulder at him. "See you around, Fed."

Then she was outside, pulling it closed behind her. Thank God. If Shaw had lingered any longer, there was every chance she might have started asking for breakfast, or to really use his shower.

"Before I forget—" Elizabeth poked her head back in the room "—you might want to consider getting a curtain. You can see just about everything from back there."

All things considered, it was an ideal line of sight. Perfect for monitoring the rest of the room. Unlike his, however, her own bathroom faced the kitchenette, completely blocking any view of the front door. If only she'd had the opportunity to claim Hobbs' room before he did.

"I'll be sure to let the managers know that," Luke said, voice dripping with sarcasm. "Goodbye, Miss Shaw."

* * *

"How the hell did they get on base without security noticing?" Deckard asked. He crossed his arms, scowled at the normal security feeds showing on the array of monitors, then turned his head towards Dom who stood beside him. "You wouldn't happen to know if Cipher had any spec-ops soldiers working for her, would you?"

"Apart from your brother?"

"Yes."

Externally, Dom kept his face as blank as possible. Internally, he was smiling. Deckard had taken one more step towards acknowledging the concept of culpability. "No. Cipher kept everything compartmentalised. Rhodes was the only one of her goons I met."

Well there went that theory. It would've been too easy if Dom had just pointed them in the right direction. Nothing about this mission was in their favour, and Deckard had a feeling it never would be. Any other time, he might have called this breach in security an opportunity. Then he craned his neck to look over his shoulder. "…Does something about this whole thing feel odd to you?"

Hobbs leaned against the doorjamb just several feet behind Deckard, arms crossed over his chest. "The part where they avoided the security system," he asked, "or the fact we don't know if they left the base?"

The real problem was they didn't know if their intruder were a member of base security or some asshole who'd gotten the luck of the draw. Hobbs had never liked the idea of looking over his shoulder, of fearing that someone was out to get him; but over the past few hours, Luke had become unable to shake the feeling that someone had eyes on him. That one misstep would bring the entire operation down on their heads.