"And I've said I'm sorry for that. She happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Neves was a nice woman. Hobbs wasn't. It didn't take a mathematical genius to figure that out. Deckard pivoted on his boots and left Hobbs to deal with the rest. His car was parked outside and the longer Elizabeth was out there alone, the likelier it was she'd—

A shit-eating grin spread across his face as Hobbs' Gurkha was slowly reversed away from the group of cars. The low rumble of the engine could be heard from the hangar doorway, perhaps even further in. From where Deckard stood, he could just make out Elizabeth in the driver's seat through the tinted windows. At least it wasn't his car, he thought. She and Hattie had generally always respected the sovereignty of his cars, but Owen's was fair game more often than not.

Beth stuck her arm out the window and gave him a thumbs up. Deckard nodded and waved back, waiting till the window was wound up and the Gurkha a good hundred metres away before turning to look at Luke.

"You didn't leave your keys in the ignition, did you, Hobbs?"

"Why? What'd you do, Shaw?"

"Three klicks east, right?" At a casual pace, that had to be a solid forty minute walk with Hobbs' stride. "See you when you get back."

"Goddamn it, Deckard, what did you—" Luke walked outside to the cluster of cars. His own was noticeably absent. Shit. "Where did you move it, you sneaky sumbitch?"

"If I were you, I'd think about doing a headcount before making any accusations."

A headcount? The Torettos, Ramsey and Tej were inside the plane. Little Nobody was sitting against the crane. Rome and himself had been standing inside the hangar with—

One of these Shaws is not like the other. "Your goddamn sister better hand over those keys before I toss her ass in a cell."

"Guess I'll leave you to it then." Deckard slid inside his black McLaren and immediately locked the doors. The last thing he needed was Hobbs scratching the paint job or ruining the interior. "Enjoy the walk!"

Luke grit his teeth. Walk? Oh there'd be no walking involved. He'd hunted Elizabeth down once before and he'd do it again. At a run, Luke estimated it'd take less than twenty minutes to get back. He'd be pushing himself but it wasn't impossible. That woman had taken his car and his gear inside it. "Reisner, I'll meet you back at the warehouse!"

"Okay!"

* * *

"Yo, Dom, we're gonna be here all night. This encryption is . . ."

"The password is thirteen characters long and Cipher wrote it down on a post-it note." Ramsey laughed, holding the yellow note up above her head. "Tej, try this. It was on the inside of the cupboard door. An expert hacker and she couldn't remember a password that short?"

A post-it note in plain sight? "I thought they cleared everything out." Letty frowned. "How'd they miss that?"

"I don't know and I don't care. If that works—" Tej read the password aloud as he typed. He pressed the enter key, watched the screen turn black . . . and clapped his hands together as the desktop loaded. "Oh shit. I think we're in."

"Say that again?"

"We're in, baby!" Tej slapped the desk and sidestepped so Ramsey could stand besides him. "Alright, Hobbs said we were looking for a truck, right? Then she has to have some kind of GPS software installed on here. Maybe if we're lucky, the last known location will still be logged."

"This could take a while, guys," Ramsey said. "We'll yell out when it's done."

"Okay." Letty tugged Dom out of the office and down the hallway. The idea that the Feds had somehow missed something didn't sit right with Letty, but neither did the idea of hiding the truth from the team. Not that it was hers to tell in the first place. "Since we've got some time to fill, I was thinking we could talk."