Chapter 4 Looking

[posted on, November 17, 2023]

Chapter 4 Looking

Third person pov.

They felt suffocated, hot and sweaty as the two of them pushed through the rowdy party crowd. It was also getting more painfully hard to see past people's heads or shoulders to try to find anyone.

Clint follows closely behind Kara; not wanting to depart from her yet. Yes, he was close to her, but it was only because they had to be- he had to be. He didn't want to lose her in this crowd.

A blink of an eye he could lose her; a push from this crowd could either push them together or push them far from each other. For Clint's sake, he didn't want the second option to happen, so he stuck as close to her as he could; that didn't seem creepy.

Kara didn't want to be pushed back into the obeys of this suffocating, hot, smelly, sweaty crowd, so she just did her best to push through as she looked for any of her friends. Ignoring the fact that every push, nudge, elbowed from someone's arm, elbow and so on caused pain to her bruised, broken, cut up body even more. It cringed her out and of course caused pain to her.

But nothing. She couldn't find any of her friends through this crowd or even anywhere she was allowed to check.

It was like they had left her behind. Again. 

Being now in an empty-ish hallway, she gives herself a break from the search of her friends, she leans her back against the wall beside her, and groans out in frustration of what's happening at the moment. "God damn it!" Her voice showed that she was frustrated and annoyed.

"Are you ok?"

Kara's body jolted a bit when Clint spoke. She didn't know he was there. She thought she left him behind after her last comment to the drunk asshole. "God damn it. Sorry,” she raises her hands up at him in defense, “Didn't know you were there still."

Clint shakes his head, "No, sorry for startling you. I thought you knew I was following you still…. Are you sure you're ok?" He said.

Kara raises her eyebrow at him confused on what he meant by 'are you sure you're ok?' "What do you mean?"

Now Clint was confused. "With…. The guy… back there" he said pointing behind him.

Kara's eyes open a bit wide, she's clued in on what he meant, "Oh, yeah I'm fine" she said.

Again, her father's 'teaching' taught her to move on fast. That whole drunk guy harassment was dealt with, she's fine, not hurt, she didn't need to think or dwell on it anymore. She was fine. Now she deals with another task, and that is, finding her friends, that's what she can think or dwell on, for a bit at least.

"Are you sure about that?"

"I mean yeah, it's over." She said, shrugging her shoulders and looking around herself.

Though, Clint can tell she was frustrated over something. If it wasn't about the asshole, it has to be something else. He knows it has to be something else because they've walked around this floor looking for something or someone. "Can I ask why you look frustrated?"

Looking back at Clint, she analyzes him more now. She would have to agree with her friends that Clint Barton was hot as hell. "To be blunt and forward. I came to this party with my friends, they said they would stick with me because I didn't want to come to this party whatsoever, so I came. Guess what?" She spoke with her hands. Not any sign language, just, she talks with her hands. Waves them around, uses them to express emotions or actions. Though, she does know american sign language. "They ditched me. Then the whole asshole thing happened and after that I thought I could find them, but there's so many Goddamn people here that I can't." And she continues, "it's like they've left this place. Man, I should have gotten high before coming here. This is so fucking annoying." She said the last part more to herself than to Clint.

Running her ok-ish hand through her hair, she continues, "I mean I would call them, but I have their phones…. Yay" she said in a sarcastically sing-song tone.

As Kara goes off on a rant, Clint just stands there listening, but also just admiring and checking her out. 

"Why did you follow me?"

"Uh, oh I just wanted to make sure you were ok….?"

Kara nods her head and pushes her lips in a thin line. She looks past Clint trying to see if she could see any of her friends, none.

Rubbing the back of his neck, Clint spoke. "Since… you can't find… your friends, would you want to sit with me and my friends as you wait for the crowd to go down. We're not on this floor," he said pointing up to the next floor above them. "The floor is less crowded up there. Maybe your friends are up there."

Kara looks away from the end of the hallway to Clint again. She studies him, trying to understand his motives at this point. Her eyebrow is raised up at him. She couldn't figure him out. She didn't feel anything wrong with him, she didn't feel like she needed to be worried about him. It would actually be the opposite then fear around him.

"just a thought…."

Time skip.

The elevator door dings telling anyone in and out of the elevator that it's doors are going to open in a few seconds.

Clint was the first one out because Kara kindly ushered him to be the first one out, then she followed behind him.

Her eyes took in the new scenery in front of her.

Clint was being true.

This new floor holds way less people here. There was still a crowd, but not like the floor below them.

Clint turns to Kara with a smile on his face, "off the back, do you see any of your friends yet."

"To say my answer right now without any more thought to it, I do not see them yet?" she said, taking her eyes of the people around them to him again. 

Clint nods his head, "any backrooms you think my friends will be in?"

Semi time skip.
Third person pov.

"Who's Clint with?"

--------------
I hope you like it.
I’m sorry for any short chapters.
I'm also sorry for any bad grammar or spelling errors.
I would very much like to say thank you for taking the time to read my chapters, I really appreciate it. 
----
There's warnings ⚠️ notes for a reasons. If you skip them, that's fine, but not my fault if you're taken back by what I write for.
----
You may request any one shot.
This is what I write for.
The list

Marvel.
Spiderman (All Movies, all Spidermans), Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Venom, X-men, The Avengers, Guardians Of The Galaxy, DareDevil, Jessica Jones, Ultimate Spiderman, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Agent Carter.

DC
Batman, Superman, Young Justices, Teen Titans.

Anime shows.
Blue Exorcist, Black Butler, The Host Club, Yuri on ice, RWBY, Haikyuu!!, Demon Slayer, Hunter x Hunter, Love is War.

Animation shows (that don't know where to place)
Trese, Arcane, Gravity Falls

Nickelodeon
Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, ROTMNT.

Tv Shows.
Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Movies.
The Hobbit, Marvel, DC, Joker, Star Wars

You can request whenever you want and as much as you want. I will try to get every single one written for you. I may not do some and that would be either I can't see myself being able to write it or it makes me uncomfortable.
I don't judge.
BUT I only write for Female readers or OC, not Male readers or OC.
I write x readers. GirlxGirl, MenxGirl.
Again I DON'T write for Male x readers or oc.
I have an account that I post my one shots on. The account name is The_BatCatsOneShot
So please try sending the requests there :]
Hope you are having a great day or afternoon or night time.