Man's Best Friend

Start from the beginning

A part of his mind screamed at him to throw her off and maybe take a quick bite, but he shook off the thoughts. He glared at the heavy-handed Gangut, who liked throwing them around like ragdolls. 

"Did you have to be so rough?!" He barked at her. While unhappy with the little human, he doesn't want her turned into paste.

"Rough? That wasn't rough, comrade. Be a good boy, and I might show you rough," Gangut boasted and gave him a crooked grin, which annoyed him.

A crooked, cheeky grin was his signature move, and If that was her idea of gentle, he didn't want to know her idea of rough.

Or did he? 

His rut was fading, but still... A guy can ponder.

"Mmmm..." 

Kohaku frowned when Fubuki started rubbing her face against his chest. Who did she think she was? Atago?

"Let me join!" A new voice shouted as she shot past the grinning Gangut and jumped onto Kohaku.

"Waa? Yuudachi?!" 

"Kohaku! I missed you so so so much!" Yuudachi yelped in happiness.

Fubuki gasped when she was pulled away and thrown to the side by the ecstatic Sakura dog girl.

He received a small amount of satisfaction from seeing Fubuki thrown aside by the much stronger Shipgirl and her equally annoyed expression as she stared at the hugging duo.

Yuudachi was one of the few girls in the Sakura Empire who wasn't judgmental or suspicious towards him. Everything about her was simple, and her personality was easy to understand.

He pulled the excited dog girl in for a tight hug, not letting her go and buried his face in her long silver hair, taking solace in the embrace that gave him some relief and comfort.

Something he was sorely lacking in his life at the moment.

Kohaku knew he was wanted by many of the Shipgirls throughout the factions, but how many actually cared about him? and not what he was? or could give them later on?

Yuudachi giggled and returned the hug with all her power. Had Commander Fubuki still been between them, she most likely would have been crushed to death. 

Yuudachi may be a simple girl, but she could tell her friend was hurting. She could only ever recall Kohaku hugging Akashi willingly. Even with Amagi and Kaga, he looked very uncomfortable.

"Yuudachi? Where the hell have you gone now?!" Shigure shouts and bursts into the room, followed by Shimikaze. The room was suddenly becoming more and more crowded by the minute.

She saw her sister cocooned inside Kohaku's tails, and Yuudachi didn't seem to register anyone else's presence. Shigure snorted in amusement and turned to the annoyed-looking human in uniform on the floor, glaring at the hugging duo.

"Commander Fubuki?"

Fubuki stopped glaring at the pair and looked Shigure up and down before standing, adjusting her uniform, "That's me!"

Shigure smiled, "Thank goodness, the Admiral was worried when you didn't appear, so he sent us to find you, along with a few other factions."

"I wonder what happened with the Littorio sisters..." Shimikaze whispered close to Shigure's ears, earning a nonchalant shrug from her.

"Enterprise will probably run into them soon."

"What if she runs into Zuikaku and Shoukaku?"

"... Hope the three of them can control themselves and not start another war," Shigure says, grimacing at the thought.