Cat and Mouse: Part 5

Start from the beginning

"I have an idea, but it requires a really big camera system." Sakura replies before going into detail of step 1 of the plan.

~~~~

A few hours later...

"So, let me get this straight. You want to plug in this facial recognition chip into the Seoul camera system in order to find a rogue mutant that you guys lost a year ago?" Officer Hwang asks when Sakura, Chaewon, and Eunchae had shown up at the police station.

"Yeah, I promise I'll disable it after." Sakura says, but the middle-aged man clearly didn't appear to be in a helping mood.

"I know I told Seunggi to tell you girls to just ask if you needed police help, but I meant in terms of giving you case files, not breaching data privacy." The officer already had to deal with a lot of paperwork for the run-in with Yuri and Yena months ago followed by the corruption cases in Chungnam more recently, so having another possible case on his hands was not exactly in his best interests right now.

"Well, that's a shame. Now you have a murderous mutant running around that only we can stop." Chaewon replies.

"Yah, don't try and guilt trip me young lady. We'll do our best to help you out through legal means." And with that, the three were sent out of the man's office.

"You think he'll fall for it, unnie?" Eunchae asks.

"Probably not, but we'll be long gone before he finds out anyway." Sakura says as the three walk out of the station.

~~~~

Meanwhile, on the other side of the building, Kazuha, Yunjin, and a Chaewon clone were sneaking in. The Japanese girl had taken her wind form and snuck in through a vent to open the back door from the other side, a strategy she'd used many times in her time abroad.

As the three moved through the building, Chaewon would lead the way using the map Sakura had given them. When they broke into the surveillance room last year, the tech girl noticed a camera system for the whole city at the other side of the room. Since they were there for the station's cameras at the time though, she ignored them, but made a mental note that they existed for future reference. Today was the day she cashed that random information in. Sneaking through the building itself was actually fairly easy compared to last time because whenever they'd see a guard, Yunjin would cast illusions to send them the opposite way.

Eventually, they managed to reach the control room. Chaewon smirked when she noticed a punch mark left by Nako from their last visit that was still indented into the door. That smile though was wiped away once she opened the door forgetting there were a lot of police inside.

"Oh...hi." The short-haired girl greets in an embarrassed tone. Yunjin couldn't create illusions to distract all of them, so Kazuha took the lead.

"Both of you, hold your breath" The Japanese girl says before taking a vial out of her pocket and throwing it on the ground. Once it breaks, white gas leaks out while Kazuha changes to her air form. To Chaewon and Yunjin's surprise, Kazuha's form mixes with the white gas and spreads it all throughout the room until all the officers are knocked out and asleep.

"Woah..." Yunjin says, still pinching her nose as Kazuha rematerializes in front of them.

"I can mix with any gas in my vicinity which makes carrying some anesthetic gas around useful." The Japanese girl says with a laugh.

"Alright then, all we gotta do is plug in this chip, and we're in." Chaewon walks over to the nearest computer and does exactly that.

"Ask Kkura-unnie if she has access already." The short-haired girl says mentally to Chae-one.