Ch. 2 Hey Princess

I woke up the following morning. After the fight me and my father had, In a some what better mood, I put on a pair of blue jeans, and a black shirt, with a brown hoodie, my hair was still braided from the night before. no one was awake yet, Thankfully I quickly went out the door, and there was Jase Andersons Ford Super Duty blue truck, he rolled down his window as soon as he saw me come out the door, I threw up the hood of my brown hoodie over my head.

"Hey princess need a ride?" He asked, and for once he sounded like he genuinely wanted to give me a ride, but I knew Jase better then this. I quickly shook my head, this is Jase Anderson we're talking about he hates me on and off the ice, and I the same.

"No thanks I'll walk." I quickly said, Jase started his truck up, and followed close behind me.

"C'mon princess it's freezing!" Jase begged, why was he so persistence about this? I asked myself, this boy was crazy.

"I'll survive." I insisted, but Jase didn't give up, especially not on something he wanted, which was the only thing I liked about Jase Anderson.

"C'mon princess, get in the truck, I'll give you a ride to school and home." Jade insisted, furthering the deal,  I shook my head, I can't believe I'm about to do this.

"Fine fine you win..." I sighed in defeat, Jase smirked to himself, that stupid smirk, he always did when he would skate past me on the ice, he opened the door for me, something I didn't expect him to do, out of all boys I knew.

"Get warm princess, it's pretty cold out today." Jase said, as he turned up the heater in his truck, Jase was wearing a black hoodie, with dark blue jeans, and his dirty cowboy boots, he was a blue collar man or so he said.

"I'm not your princess." I rolled my eyes, I hated it when he called me princess, it was such a stupid pet name, and he knew that, which is why he called me it, he just shook his head and laughed.

"How did you even find my house anyway?" I asked, was he a total stalker or something? Many questions flew through my mind all at once.

"I see you walking home sometimes, when I drive through town." He explained. okay maybe not a total stalker I said to myself, maybe he's a good guy, I laughed at the idea no way he's still the jackass. I always knew, he is just wanting to give me a ride, probably cause we're teammates now, no need to still be a jackass. Right?

"Oh." Was all I could say the ride to school, it was not that long, and Jase quit annoying me pretty fast, I think that's a new record especially for him.

"Thank you." I smiled to him, he returned the smile, and told me he would meet me back here at 3:25 pm, I nodded my head, we went our separate ways, I couldn't stop thinking about him, the whole day a millions things I couldn't stop thinking of.

"Girl, Alessandra are you okay?" Asked my best friend Honey, she was on the shorter side, she had her box braids in a low ponytail, with a white crop top and light blue low rise jeans showing her belly button piercing which she pulled off pretty well she also had a nose ring on the left side

"Uh yeah I'm fine." I insured her, not wanting to make her question anything, which failed miserably.

"So you were early to school today." That's when the questions started. oh no I thought to myself, I can't let her know Jase Anderson my worst enemy on and off the ice drove me to school.

"Yeah I got up early." I lied it seemed perfect, but not a perfect enough lie for Honey Mrazik, nothing got past her.

"No you didn't, you hate waking up, you would fall back asleep." She caught me in this lie, and this one I couldn't get out of.

"Okay fine, but you can't tell ANYONE you swear?" I asked her, I knew I could trust her with anything, but this one I didn't know.

"I swear!" She quickly sweared, coming in closer to hear pretty, so no one else would hear, like little girls telling each other who their crushes where in elementary school.

"Jase Anderson drove me to school today, he waited outside my house for who knows how long, and insisted he'd drive me to school, and back." I explained, leaving some details out, but that didn't bother Honey, when she leaned that, she was wide eyed, clearly shocked when then Jase Anderson walked into the lunch room, oh great I thought to myself, he looked over to me, as if he was looking for me in the crowded lunchroom, he did his silly little stupid smirk, and looked away shaking his head, and laughing his friends were all over him, knowing he was looking for a girl just not knowing which girl.

"I... can't believe this." Honey said, still shocked, I couldn't blame her, back in the day Jase Anderson was ought to be the rudest boy I had ever met, one time we even had a full on fist fight, I won of course, but he doesn't like to tell that part of the story, we couldn't stand each other back then, now I'm not so sure anymore.

"Me neither." I agreed. as I leaned back into my chair, what was I going to do? What if he told his stupid little friends, they would tell the whole school, I would be ruined! No I don't have time for boys with hockey, especially no time for a boy like Jase Anderson.

"So you and Jase." Honey took no time at all to start cracking jokes. I laughed sarcastically, I didn't like Jase like that, he was my worst enemy, I personally liked it that way.

"See you Honey." I waved back to her, she waved back, as she walked back into school for volleyball practice.

"Have fun at hockey." Honey said, I met Jase at exactly 3:25 pm, wow he was actually on time surprisingly.

"Hey princess." he greeted me, I couldn't help but smile, he was such an idiot.

"We'll go pick up your hockey bag, and go to practice." he said as he got into his truck, why was he doing this? I asked myself, I shook my head he's just being nice for once, I got into the truck, we quickly drove over to my house.

"Okay so one thing, you have to stay here, my grandparents are in there, and they speak no English, and if they see you, I'll never hear the end of it okay?" I explained it very fast, it must've been have jumbled up, it was a lot to take in. He just gave up on trying to understand what I said, and just nodded his head, I quickly ran into my house.

"Ciao momma e nonno, la borsa da hockey, torno tra qualche ora." (hello grandma and grandpa just getting my hockey bag I'll be back in a few hours) I explained, they waved hello and went back to reading their books, I ran to my room, when I got a call on my flip phone by the ring tone. (Say my name by Destiny's Child) I could tell almost immediately that it was Honey who was calling.

"Hello?" I answered, it sounded like Honey was out of breath, her coach must've worked them extra hard this practice.

"I heard about a bet!" She screamed into the phone, okay so maybe coach did work them hard enough, when I realized she was talking about a bet? What bet? I asked myself I needed to hear about this

"What bet?" I asked, now wanting answers like Honey this morning, wondering why I got to school earlier then I normally did.

"I don't know, but some boy, he's doing something for some girl, all because of a bet." she explained,

"You don't think?" I asked Honey. I needed reinsurance, I didn't think Jase would be the kind of boy to go that far, but this is Jase Anderson we're talking about.

"No you're good! I gotta go talk to you later." I hung up the phone, she was probably right, I didn't really care for some boys bet on a girl, I couldn't be thinking about this right now, I just grabbed my hockey bag and stick, and walked to his truck, he was just waiting looking out the window.

"So your grandparents don't speak English?" He asked. I didn't want to say a word to him right now, but it would seem weird if I didn't answer his question.

"Yes they only speak Italian." I answered his question, I wanted to tell him to never come to my house, nor speak to me ever again, I knew something was up with him, but it's kinda hard to do that, when he's been nothing but nice you at the moment.

"Jase after this... I am begging you to never speak of this day ever again don't come by my house don't speak to me." I begged, he was confused by this, his act was almost believable, I left the truck, and him there I walked into the area, I knew he hated me and I still hated him too.