Chapter 5 - Slumber Party!! No Boys Allowed!

Dead Listing, season 5, episode 8

I smiled after I received the text from Milo the morning after he came on his surprise visit to our suite door. After the whole event passed, and Melissa was snoring in her bed, I realized how bizarre it was for him to just show up at our door. He knew that it was weird, too, most likely, and awkward. But how did he know which room out of the fifty on the top floor? Did he memorize the room number when he dropped me off that time? Peyton had no idea what room we were staying in...

He remembered. That left me grinning, meaning that he wanted to remember it for some reason. Well, he was friend now, nothing more, no matter the reason. I should be thankful for that. What other girl was friends with her celebrity hyperfocus? Heck, what normal girl was friends with a celebrity?

It felt like I was the only one, and it was wonderful.

My phone buzzed again as I was in the bathroom getting ready the day after that surprise visit. I giggled, and Melissa came in immediately. "Hey, is that him? Ooo, you're two are texting!"

She poked me in the arm a few times, biting her bottom lip, and her eyes were twinkling. "Yes, it's him, and it's nothing like you're thinking. We're friends, remember?"

"I hope you know that guys that look like him and girls that look like you can't be just friends. I swear, if I didn't know that he dated girls before, I would think that he's gay since he's so good-looking, cares about his hair and appearance, and he has friend who are girls who happen to be gorgeous, Peyton and Meg Donelly for example. I mean, c'mon."

"He's just a guy with a big heart and a friendly nature. He likes to be friends with everyone, according to what I've read. People love him, and I don't mean just girls. He's a great guy, a great person to have as a friend."

"You're obsessed with him, Lila. You said you about melted when he hugged you last night."

I was about to type a response to the very guy we were talking about as I recalled that hug. I started to stare off into space.

"Hey, see what I mean?" Melissa demanded. "You floated off to Cloud 9 just now. What'd he text you?" She looked at my phone and saw the messages, and her brows creased. "What are you two talking about?"

"He's telling me the episode of Ghost Whisperer that he was in when he was a kid. His mom played in that show, and they had him play a child extra for one episode when he was like eight." I laughed as I read the message again. "He even had to look on his own IMDB to figure out what episode it was."

"And you couldn't look this up yourself?"

I shrugged. "He said he would. Plus, admittedly, I wanted to get a text from him." She shook her head at me, giggling. "He's so..."

"Hot? Cute? Adorable? The sexiest guy you've seen in years?" I gave her a look. "What? It's true. He's tall, well-built..."

"You just care about the outside. He's a lot more than that, and you know it. Really, it's honestly why I want to know him more."

"What about when we leave Hawaii, and he goes off elsewhere to continue his famous life? And you have to get back to your boring one?"

I huffed. "You just like to spoil things, don't you?'

"It's a fair point, though."

"We'll text each other or whatever like friends do. Now, we have to meet Mom and Dad in ten. Finish getting ready."

"Bossy..." she said then left the bathroom. I went back to my phone as it buzzed again. I smiled as I read the message...

Man, I felt so mortified last night. The thing is, Peyton practically begged me to go to your door and ask you and Melissa to the Lahaina Noon. Sorry if it was weird. I think I'll be kicking myself forever for that. I've never done that before. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Aloha Lila || Milo ManheimOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara