Chapter 1 - With the Sea Breeze Brings a Wave of Orange

Hello, again!! So, a little info about me... I have ADHD, and that means my mind can jump around to so many different things at any given moment, as well as latch onto something hardcore, and my mind can't think of much else. It's called hyperfocus. Some of you probably have this same quirk. Hyperfocus can latch onto anything, and mine tends to latch onto mainly famous people. Elvis was mine for a long while, and that's why I wrote so many Elvis stories. I still like him, but now, my ADHD brain latched onto young actor Milo Manheim. So, readers, be prepared for some Milo stories! I wrote "A Girl and an Actor," which got his filmography all mixed up. Now, I researched him more, and here's "Aloha Lila." In it, Milo's working on "Doogie Kamealoha M.D." (comes after the "Zombies" series and "Prom Pact") as one of the love interests. I love this show, especially when Milo gets thrown into it unexpectedly in the second season (which is the last season). I hope you enjoy this story! It could be a long one.

~ ~ ~

Finally, after four grueling years at the dismal, wet and rainy Oregon State University, I was finally able to walk into the warm, sweet air of Honolulu, Hawaii on the island of Oahu in the middle of summer. This had been in the family plans since before my younger sister and I were born, and it was finally happening twenty-three years later and conveniently a couple months after I graduated college.

We walked out of the Honolulu International Airport, right into the hot weather, and we were immediately met with tall palm trees, green grass and a scent of flora and the sea in the air. It was like heaven, at least for me. I liked to think that The Garden of Eden looked a lot like Hawaii because of its beauty. The atmosphere was so tranquil, even at a busy airport. I needed it. I needed this long vacation before the rest of my life started.

"Get a move-on, girls! That's our rental!"

Dad walked on passed Melissa and me, wheeling his large navy-blue suitcase. He was in one of those stereotypical tourist shirts with the palm trees, and he had on his dad khaki shorts and flip-flops. I didn't want to look as obvious and wore my sky-blue bohemian blouse, loose high-rise jeans and white thick-soled sandals. They rose me three inches from my five-foot stature.

"It's not a bus, Dad, they'll wait!" I hollered, and my phone dinged. I pulled out the cookie sheet of a phone and saw that I received a text massage from Ethan. "Psht," I scoffed and stuffed my phone in my large back pocket, not bothering to read the whole message. I read the first line, which was, Have you landed? I hope you...

I walked over to where my family was as they were getting the luggage into the silver rental car. This trip was booked two years in advance when Dad got a bonus from his IRS job, and Mom did at the same time with her job as the manager of Macy's. The hotel, car, meals, tourist destinations and even our free time was booked all together. Hey, I wasn't complaining, though. I had always wanted to visit Hawaii after I saw the move Blue Hawaii when I was five. We weren't on the island it was filmed on, but it was still exciting to be near to the place where The King once was. I was a bit obsesses with him. Thanks, hyperfocus.

"Lila, you're spacing out again," said Mom as she stood in front of me in a white sundress that looked like it was from the 60s. She was a fan of times passed just like I was, and she liked to be stylish. It came with running Macy's. Her long hair, though, was modern and in the same mahogany orange as mine, and it was in tasteful waves. Mine was just curly and down to mid-upper arm. Melissa inherited dad's yellow-blonde hair that was stick-straight, but Melissa liked to wave hers with an iron. Gosh, the women in my family were beautiful. Then there was me.

"I'm just still trying to believe that I'm here," I said, looking at the tall palm trees that had coconuts on them. "I think it's the most beautiful place I've ever seen. Nothing like the Pacific Northwest."