So Far From Home (.11)

Start from the beginning

"And is your mom a hunter?" Bigby asked. Nodding to the deer skull hanging on the wall.

"Oh, no, she'd never-" Rachel rubbed her arm. "That was found in the woods around Dix Mountain. I think."

As Rachel talked, Bigby walked over to the side of the room where she was standing. She seemed awfully nervous as he checked behind the partition. She kept looking at the table behind her.

"There's nothing that looks like Crane was here, either." Bigby shook his head in annoyance.

"See?" Rachel smirked in that 'I told you so' way.

Bigby opened up a nearby cupboard. He reached inside and grabbed a small round container. "The Butcher."

"That tell you something?" Sunny wondered.

"I saw something just like this at the Tweedles' office," Bigby said as he passed it to her.

"Well, it's empty," Sunny sighed.

"Goddamn it," Bigby sniffed.

"Shouldn't say that," Rachel quietly scolded him.

"What is it?" Snow asked.

"I keep getting whiffs of that aftershave of his," Bigby frowned.

"Oh, that's what that is," Sunny shook her head. She thought she smelt something odd.

"Can I go to bed now? Please?" Rachel groaned.

Snow nodded to her, and the two of them started walking towards the door.

"Hold on," Bigby said suddenly. "Is that a glamour tube?"

Sunny looked towards the workbench. Seeing there was, in fact, a glamour tube that looked eerily similar to the one Lily had.

"Mommy really doesn't let anyone play with that," Rachel snapped around. "Trust me, I've tried."

Bigby ignored her and picked up the tube.

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no, please, please, please just put that back exactly where you found it. No one is allowed to play with that!"

"It's alright, honey, Bigby's not going to break it." Snow tried to assure her.

Sunny didn't say anything, but something felt off. It was one thing to leave your kid home alone. It wasn't like New York had any laws against it, but leaving magic shit out in the open for your kid to grab didn't feel right.

How quickly had Rachel's mother left the apartment? Could she have gone somewhere with Crane?

"No, you don't understand. She will freak out if she discovers I've let people in here and let them touch her stuff, okay? She checks all the time to see if things move. I don't wanna get in trouble. Look, I'm already grounded! Just put it back exactly where it was, please."

"I'm not gonna break it, I just want to open it," Bigby told her as he fiddled with it.

"No! Put it down!" Rachel jumped forward. Only to be held back by Snow. Sunny could have sworn she felt the room shake. "Pleeeeease! Don't! This isn't what you think! You've gotta believe me, that guy isn't here! I promise!"

"It's going to be okay, Rachel!"

"Please. I'm begging you. I don't wanna... I don't wanna get in trouble."

Bigby continued to ignore her as the glamour clicked open. There was a sudden flash of green light. Sunny shielded her eyes for a moment. When she opened them again, Rachel was gone. In her place was an older woman.