Questions and Answers

Hey!

I now have a Discord server! - Check my Bio if you're interested.

This chapter references things that happened in previous chapters, such as: Silver Bell Tolls and Lord of Fiends.

Let's get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Amiya? You shouldn't be watching this."

Nearl put her hand on Amiya's shoulder for comfort as they watched the news.

"I don't understand!" Amiya whispered.

Most of the world watched in shock as Siracusa was being dismantled piece by piece. Waves of soldiers pushing through bombed-out cities, columns of fleeing civilians of every race trying to get away.

Rhodes Island watched the news stations with mixed reactions, not that they had much else to do, under constant watch from the Enclave's soldiers. They couldn't leave the mobile platform for anything as they waited for their fate and that of the ones imprisoned. 

They still waited for the fate of Nian and Blaze. Nobody has heard anything regarding Nian, much to the annoyance and worry of her sisters, Dusk and Ling. The last person who asked for Nian's release ended up in the infirmary with a concussion by one of the Banshees.

The loss of their Exarch was still fresh.

The Banshees were still present on Rhodes Island, and Amiya attempted to appease them the best she could, but they ignored her at every turn.

"Amiya?"

"Hmmm? Oh! Closure, hello."

"Nearl told me you're spacing out again... What's on your mind?" Closure sat on Amiya's desk, much to Amiya's annoyance.

"I just... I don't understand how everything went so wrong."

"With the Doctor?"

"With everything!" Amiya huffed, "Nothing has gone our way since Chernoborg."

"That's just how it is... Not everything can go our way, you know." Closure shrugged.

Amiya stared at the papers on her desk in dismay. 

"Look, Amiya, Everything that's happened? It was planned."

Amiya looked up at Closure with scrutiny, "I don't follow..."

"Do you remember the silver bell?" 

Flashbacks of a little silver bell and its beautiful sound entered Amiya's mind.

"I do!" Amiya smiled at the beautiful sound in her head.

"Good. Do you remember after the fight between Rhodes and the Enclave when Farsight shouted out for Dr Kal'tsit on one of Lungmen's tallest buildings like an idiot?"

"Yeah, everyone does. It was turned into a meme, and someone even made a remix out of it." Amiya smiled halfheartedly at the thought of it.

"Wait... Really?" Closure looked interested but shook her head, "Show me later, but back on topic. Who was the woman that appeared out of nowhere next to him?"

"I don't know?"

Closure chuckled, "Pramanix ranted for ages about her goddess, ignoring her but chatting up Farsight."

"Goddess?! You think she was a goddess?" Amiya looked incredulous.

"Mmmhmm," Closure grinned and made an obnoxious affirmative sound.