Silver Bell Tolls

Hey!

I've got work on Monday and Tuesday, so I'll try to have another chapter out either Tuesday night or Wednesday. 

Letting you know cause I have updated twice in one day. I don't want people to think that's normal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 A long, drawn-out beep could be heard from the ECG machine.

"He's flatlined!" 

"Get a crash cart, now!" 

"Clear... Clear!"

*Beeeeeeep*

Medical Interns rush about trying to save Y/n life. The guards present only watch on in fascination and alarm at the chaos one heart monitor could create. 

The door to the medical ward slams open, and a ragged Agenta rushes in, noticing the chaos. She spots an alarmed Mal-Mal in the corner, watching everything unfold but doing nothing. 

"Mal-Mal! Do something now."  Agenta cried out, pointing at Y/n.

 The Smartest Sankta didn't hear her. She only mumbled to herself as she stared at the scene. "How, How? everything was perfect?"

"Clear...Clear!" Another Intern shouted, trying to restart Y/n's life. 

*Beeeeep*

Despite their efforts, Y/n would not revive, Forcing the Interns to sigh in dismay, Forcing them to verify and announce his time of death. 

Agenta was lost. All that planning for nothing? So much invested for nothing!? He was supposed to be the one to change their world, Her world! 

Agenta turned her Red and wet eyes to Mal-Mal. Fury was an understatement. She was the smartest Sankta she knew, but she just stood there like a moron! And Mal-Mal was now walking away!

She was storming off after Mal-Mal, who had already walked out of the ward. It didn't take her long to find her. All she had to do was follow the sniffling noise. Passing another empty corridor, she found Mal-Mal sitting on the clean white floor with her knees pulled up to her chest. 

All fury Agenta held at the moment evaporated at the site of her weeping friend. She just gave a drawn-out sigh and slumped down next to her. She could still hear Mal-Mal mumbling. 

Mal-Mal raised her head slightly to look at Agenta from above her knees with puffy red eyes. "I don't get it. All calculations were perfect. He wasn't supposed to die!" 

"You didn't even try and assist the interns back there," Was all Agenta could say. 

"What would you have me do? I trained them. They did nothing I wouldn't have done." Mal-Mal spat out in her defence. 

Neither said anything as they watched their staff walk back and forth, some giving them pitying and saddened looks. 

"What now," Agenta said with zero emotion.

"For the first time, I don't know," Mal-Mal replied in despair.

What were they supposed to do? They spent billions on this and recruited thousands of people across Terra. They waited years for this moment. But, unfortunately, the one supposed to bring it all together had died on them. 

Mal-Mal decided to get up and walk away again, with no energy in her steps. Agenta didn't chase after her, only called out in subtle concern. "Mal? Where are you going." 

Mal-Mal looks at her with hopeless eyes. "Do what I should have done long ago. Pray for answers." 

Agenta was surprised. Mal-Mal was not the superstitious type but decided to leave her. She needed to think. The future was at stake. Everything they worked for could not be thrown out now.