This sentence seems to be said to the dead Anthony, and also seems to be said to Xio, who is watching this horrific battle with lingering fear.

  A deathlike silence swept across the backyard. After a brief silence, the male insects who were hiding and surviving screamed in fear and fled out of the backyard. Only one little female was still hiding behind the tree and trembling.

  Gu Lian glanced over and said, "Go find Wei Xi."

  The little girl jumped up in fear and ran toward the door following Gu Lian's instructions. When passing by Xio, the little Asian girl paused. Looking at Xio with black grape-like eyes, he whispered, "You're bleeding."

Xiu was stunned for a moment, and Gu Lian also looked over.

  He didn't suffer much mental trauma, at most it was the trauma of falling to the ground. So even though there was a dull pain in her abdomen, Xio didn't take it seriously. Noticing Gu Lian's gaze, he said, "It's probably just some superficial injuries. Military females have very good self-healing abilities, so you don't have to worry."

  After saying that, Xio realized that he was being sentimental.

  Why would the hero be worried about him?

  The tip of her tongue pressed against her teeth, Xiu suppressed her disappointed emotions and said, "Are you okay?"

  Gu Lian ignored his question and walked directly to Xiu. He didn't expect that this insect would go so far as to direct all attacks on him.

  Gu Lian asked abruptly, "What are you going to do if you can't escape?"

  Don't you leave yourself any escape route?

  Xio was stunned for a moment.

  "I didn't think so much." His ice-blue eyes were as quiet as a lake.

  He looked at Gu Lian, and there were a few ripples in the ice-blue lake, "I said I would protect you."

  Chongzi was unexpectedly stubborn in some aspects. Gu Lian rubbed his fingers and did not answer.

  A drop of blood fell on the ground, and Gu Lian frowned.

  "Leg injured?"

  "Probably not." Xio was a little unsure, but the pain in her abdomen was getting worse. He paled slightly and speculated, "Maybe he hit his stomach. It shouldn't be anything serious."

  For military females who are often injured, such pain is still

  And within a tolerable range.

  "I don't know what hurts me?" Gu Lian frowned.

  Xio licked her teeth, not knowing how to answer. After a while, he said, "Because, because my body is a little numb. Except for the abdomen, there is no feeling in other places..."

  Is it so painful that you can no longer feel any other parts of your body?

  Gu Lian was speechless at the insect's insensitivity to pain.

  But abdominal pain?

  Gu Lian narrowed his eyes slightly and glanced at Xiu's abdomen. Without hesitation, he thrust his spiritual tentacles over. Amidst the rhythmic beating of the insect's blood, several pulse beats that were so weak that they were almost inaudible were scattered here and there.

  Gu Lian frowned and looked a little ugly.

  This is not the worst outcome, it can be remedied.