41. Conversations

Začít od začátku

"I'm currently thinking about chicken sandwiches," Aiden said, bouncing his right leg as he calmly spoke. "I feel like I'm literally leaning towards insanity and I see the world as an exhausting and painful place to live in"

"I understand that you've only gotten into Hawkins high today after a six month program," Mrs Kelley said. "Can you tell me how things were for you during that time?"

"I can't tell you the details, unfortunately" Aiden said, surprising Mrs Kelley that he even seemed to be responsive. "But it was a pretty refreshing experience,I can tell you that. I really didn't want to come back here"

"Oh? Why not?" She asked.

"I don't wanna be anyone's problem" Aiden said simply.

"I was told that you have a history of mild anxiety disorders too" Mrs Kelley went on. Aiden nodded. "When was your last panic attack"

"About an hour ago," Aiden replied.

"Principal Higgins told me you had a major violent outburst today" Mrs Kelley said. "What led to that?"

"A racist dickhead was bullying my brother"

"And your solution for that is more violence?" She asked.

"What was I supposed to do? Invite him to dinner?" Aiden asked.

"Wouldn't it have been easier to just tell a teacher?" Mrs Kelley leaned forward.

"Detention has hardly ever solved anything" Aiden said. "Children still get bullied even worse after the bullies get out of their 'punishments' and even worse,get bullied outside the school grounds where it's technically not the school authorities' problem anymore. Those kids then end up mentally scarred,depressed and might even be suicidal... And there's a huge possibility they would act on those thoughts"

Mrs Kelley nodded in understanding, taking note of how Aiden's void dropped during the last half of that speech.

"You seem to be talking about this out of actual experience" she said.

"That's how I lost my childhood best friend" Aiden stated as if it was nothing.

"I'm sorry," Mrs Kelley looked at the boy sympathetically.

"It's whatever" Aiden shrugged.

"I spoke to a friend of yours and apparently they said one cause of your emotional detachment and occasional outbursts was... Your breakup with Max"

Aiden raised an eyebrow.

"Can we talk about that?" She asked.

Aiden shook his head. "I'm sorry..."

"Aiden..." She started. "part of this process requires we go to uncomfortable places to help you heal"

"Please... Not right now" Aiden sighed. "I can talk about anything else,just not that, not her"

"I understand," The lady nodded. "Whenever you're ready then"

"Sometimes," Aiden sighed, not believing what he was about to say. "It feels like I have no control of my own life. I'm always just ending up in situations without wanting to be there... I've lost a lot of people that I wanted to keep forever, screwed up things I just wanted to fix... Now I've decided to stop fighting it, I'm tired. I'd rather keep Drifting aimlessly than keep trying and always failing."

The bell then sounded outside.

"I guess time's up" Aiden sighed as he started to stand up.

"We'll see each other again soon, alright?" Mrs Kelley said. "Thanks for being cooperative, Aiden"