26. Mall Rats

As the guilt of what'd just happened at at him, Aiden walked into the bathroom to calm himself down, the boy turning on the faucet and  splashing the water on his face. After about four splashes.

Looking up at the mirror,he saw his reflection as droplets of water decorated his light brown skin. Honey brown eyes stared back at him  with only one message being conveyed.

'You did it again, idiot'

Aiden let out a shaky breath. Why did he always find it impossible to save people when it mattered most? He was always either too scared to, or much too slow.

"Hey, don't think like that"

"Jesus!" Aiden's head shot up as he jumped back from the sink. He immediately looked in the mirror in irritation. "Dude, I told you to stop doing that!"

"And I told you to stop blaming yourself for things far beyond your control" the voice's owner responded. The man in the mirror had white hair,black eyes with a scar over his left one and a navy blue mask over his mouth and nose. His upper half had a green vest over a black long sleeved shirt with a red band around his left sleeve.

To those unfamiliar with him, the man standing before Aiden at the moment was Kakashi, the copy ninja.

"You need to calm down," Kakashi stated.

"How am I supposed to calm down?" Aiden whisper-shouted. "You most likely saw what happened out there, Kakashi Sensei. In case you don't know how the show works–"

"I do, cause you've explained at least twenty times by now" Kakashi deadpanned. "Which is why you need to calm down. I know how badly you want to change these events and I admire your empathy a lot... But some things are just meant to happen"

Aiden shook his head. "Why?"

"Life's unpredictable, Aiden" Kakashi looked at the boy. "And even if you see things coming and try to affect them,it doesn't guarantee they'll turn out differently... Though he's not gone yet"

"No one deserves that," Aiden said, remembering what he saw in the show. "Not even Billy... If there's even the slightest chance to bring him back.. I have to at least try"

"Whatever you plan to do, I'm with you" Kakashi nodded. "not like I have a choice"

"Yeah, you're pretty much binded to me," Aiden laughed a little. "Still can't believe you've been in me the whole time and didn't say anything"

"Like I've said before,a person's chakra takes time to evolve into a piece of that person's consciousness," Kakashi explained again.

"Doesn't make it any less unbelievable" Aiden smiled. "I have the copy ninja as a spirit guide"

"Your enthusiasm never seems to fade,huh?" Kakashi shook his head. "Alright,get some sleep. You need it"

"Arigato" Aiden nodded his head as Kakashi seemed to dissipate out of the mirror,replaced by his own reflection once again.

❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎

The next day, Aiden and Max were hanging out at the girl's house. Specifically, Aiden was learning how to skateboard... Though he was terrified at the thought at first.

"Don't let go, don't let go!" Aiden spread his arms out as he slowly moved forward, Max moving beside him holding his hand.

"I won't,you big baby" Max chuckled.

"Stop laughing at me,woman!" Aiden glared at her.

"But you're cute when you're all nervous," Max said.