40. Gunfire In My Head

Noise, crowded hallways and stupid teachers...

Aiden did not miss this.

If he thought he drew attention to himself when he was in middle school, he was a fucking human exhibit in highschool. Everyone else seemed to be staring at him; apparently thrown off by his clothes and most probably his hair. He even saw some girls whisper to each other while taking peeps at him. He rolled his eyes as he realised that one of them was the same one who'd publicly rejected Dustin at the snowball.

He didn't appreciate being stared at, much less being stared at by girls who seemingly had bright future careers as strippers.

Luckily he had his Walkman over his ears so he couldn't hear anything over XXXTentacion's voice.

As the melancholic tune filled his eardrums,he turned the corner with Mike as they made their way to the pep rally,only to feel something hit his cheek.

It was wet and squishy.

He pulled it off his face... A spitball.

Looking at Mike,the boy had one on his forehead.

"What the f-" another one hit him right above his left eye. He pulled his headphones down to his neck and looked for the source of the spitballs.

With Mike's direction, his eyes landed on a trio of boys looking at them and laughing,straws in their hands. Aiden knew one of them from somewhere...

"Hey frogface!" One of them called. "Since Sinclair dumped your queer ass,is this the new negro you're screwing with?!"

The voice immediately clicked in Aiden's head, although it sounded a little deeper now.

Troy.

"Get lost, Troy!" Mike fired back.

"Oh, the freak's got a mouth on him now," The boy got closer and shoved Mike against the locker,much to Aiden's shock. "I need to take care of that-"

Troy swung at Mike, immediately socking him in the face.

That did it.

Aiden's fist flew in a blur and connected to the side of Tory's face, causing him to let go of Mike and fall to the side. By this time,the whole hallway was watching.

"You black piece of-"

Another punch from the young ninja cut off the rest of Troy's sentence. In the blink of an eye, Aiden's backpack and jacket were off and he was unleashing punch after punch on Troy, elbowing any of his minions who dared to try and interfere. Troy tried to give a few swings of his own but the lightskin boy easily weaved and dodged all, throwing his own punches with each one he dodged from Troy.

His hands found the collar of Troy's t-shirt, gripping it and immediately throwing the teen against the locker before continuing his onslaught of punches,his fists rapidly slamming into the boy's body; some hitting his face and others hitting his midsection.

"Stay away from him,you hear me?!" Aiden asked as he repeatedly hit Troy with right hooks. "Stay away from him,you bitch!"

Mike at this point was horrified as Troy's face was starting to bleed from the constant hits. As he tried to step forward, he saw a familiar hat heading through spectators and towards the commotion too..

"Holy shit..." Dustin widened his eyes at the sight. This kid was beating the shit out of Troy Walsh. As Troy fell to the floor again,the boy raised his foot, about to stomp on the bully...

"Aiden stop!"

Mike immediately grabbed the boy from behind, pulling him away from Troy.

Dustin's ears basically rang at the name.