27. Sleepover

Aiden sat on the bed in Eleven's bedroom cross legged, watching Max sing and dance around as Madonna's "Angel" played on the radio while Mel sat on the floor,close to the bed and El herself sat on the opposite side of the bed reading a magazine.

Aiden couldn't help but smile at the redhead as she danced. He would've joined her but he can't dance to save his life. Besides, he couldn't even hear much of the song on the radio as his right ear was once again busy with his Walkman, X's "going down" causing the boy to bop his head. Aiden's music taste was never in one place... He'd grown up listening to a little bit of everything. To him, music was music and he loved music,no matter what genre.

"Oh,you found Ralph Macchio," Mel chuckled as she checked the magazine El was looking at.

"Really? Where?!" Max immediately stopped dancing and joined the other two looking at the magazine. The redhead's actions caused Aiden to shake his head.

"The karate kid" Aiden clarified.

"Exactly!" Max said before hitting the magazine on the bed with a karate chop.

"You see,this is what I have to deal with everyday" Aiden rolled his eyes.

"He's so hot," Mel said.

"I know, right?" Max added. "I bet he's an amazing kisser"

El then looked at Aiden who gave her a smile and shrug. Max then noticed El was looking somewhere else. Following her eyes,she saw Aiden's amused face.

"Not that you're not a good kisser..." Max immediately realised her mistake. "I mean, it's just..."

"Don't worry,I get it" Aiden shook his head. "Believe me"

"You do?" Mel asked. "You're not jealous?"

"Oh, I'm jealous as hell," Aiden replied. "Just saying I understand how you guys see him. I got a celebrity crush of my own"

"Really?" Max folded her arms.

"Mhmm"

"Who is she?" Mel asked.

"You guys wouldn't know her," Aiden said with a distant looking smile. "Her name's Sadie Sink"

"What kind of name is that?" Max furrowed her eyebrows.

Aiden had to bite his lower lip to avoid laughing. "What do you mean? She's extremely hot"

"Alright, that's enough" Max frowned.

"No, seriously I mean her smile is the purest thing I've ever seen," Aiden went on, causing Melanie to laugh. "Jesus Christ, she's beautiful–"

Max immediately clamped her hand over his mouth. "we've heard enough!"

"Can't handle your own medicine,huh?" Mel smiled at her friend.

"Zip it,Mel– ew!" Max immediately removed her hand from Aiden's mouth. "You licked my hand!"

"Says who?" Aiden gave an innocent smile.

"Wait,is Mike a good kisser?" Mel asked.

"I don't know, " El laughed. "He's my first boyfriend"

"Ex boyfriend" Max corrected, causing El to look down.

"Hey,come on, buddy" Aiden lifted her chin. "He'll come to his senses soon"

"Yeah, he and Lucas will come crawling back in no time" Mel said.

"He'd be all 'ohh,I hope they take us back!'" Max pretended to cry, causing the other two girls to laugh.

"You guys are just mean," Aiden chuckled.

"Aww, you're still a softie" Max cooed at her boyfriend. "it's okay though,I love you that way"

"Mel,if you make a kissing noise, I'll shove the radio down your throat" Aiden said as Melanie was about to start kissing the air.

"What I wouldn't give to see their stupid faces right now!" Max said.

El immediately suggested using her mental link. The girl then sat on the floor blindfolded in a similar way to how Aiden positions himself when gathering nature energy.

"I see them," El said.

"What're they doing?" Max asked.

"Eating," El replied. "they say we are a species"

"What?" Mel asked.

"Emotion,not logic" Aiden mouthed the words as El said them.

"What?" Mel and Max asked simultaneously.

"El,you might wanna get out of there," Aiden said.

After a few seconds, El quickly took off the blindfold with wide eyes.

"What happened?" Max asked.

"They farted, didn't they?" Aiden asked. El nodded as she started to laugh.

"How do you know?" Mel giggled.

"I live with one of them," Aiden shrugged as he laughed.

❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎

The four were on the floor, reading comics when Hopper came back home.

"Hey!" His voice yelled as he apparently got closer to the bedroom. "When I say three inches,three inches–"

The man slammed open the door, freezing in his tracks as he scanned the room, seeing El, Max,Aiden and Melanie all either on the floor or laying on the bed.

"Hey, Hop" Aiden smiled and waved.

"Do you knock? Jeez!" Max said.

"Yeah,jeez!" El repeated, causing Aiden to smile at the innocent gesture.

"Oh, hey" Hopper said. "I'm sorry. I thought"

"Don't worry, he's not here," Aiden said.

"Max, Mel and Aiden wanted to have a sleepover," El said. "Is that okay?"

"Yeah,yeah..." Hopper nodded. "Your parents know about it"

"Mhmm" Aiden said as he and the others nodded.

"That's cool" Hopper slurred. "that's really really cool"

"Did you need anything?" Max asked.

"No,no I'll just leave you..." Hopper closed the door..

❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎

The four were now spinning an empty coca cola bottle on sheets of paper with different names written on them to see who else they could spy on.

"Mr Wheeler," Max said. "Ugh,boring... No offence, Aiden"

"Trust me,none taken," Aiden shook his head.

They spun again and it landed on Billy's name.

'oh shit. Here we go...'

El immediately went into her mental void to find him.

"Found him"

"What's he doing?" Max asked.

"Sitting on the floor and... Talking to someone" El started before she seemed to start panicking. Aiden would've asked her to get out of there but he knew she needed to know what was going on without him telling her.

"What's wrong?" Mel asked.

"Dude,get outta there!" Aiden started to panic before El took off the blindfold, genuine fear in her eyes. Aiden immediately wrapped his arms around her comfortingly. "It's okay,buddy... It's okay, you're safe"

As Aiden held her to calm her nerves, he knew this was the beginning of the downward spiral he'd been dreading..

❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎

We got to 5k... Man, I'm really grateful to everyone who's read this so far and sorry I'm not consistent... I'll update more often but once again, thanks for the reads and votes!