| Chapter 20 |

Chapter Twenty

*Mikayla*

**a week and a half later**

To be completely honest, the last week and a half had been brutally boring. After surfing the internet for such amount of times, playing on the Xbox, watching TV, and being often alone and ignored - you will eventually get bored after a week.

Everyone has mainly just minded their own business and gone off on their own to do whatever. It gets awfully irksome being independent for such enormous periods. The amountless feeling of ennui was killing me.

Although one thing did happen - and I'm glad I can say so too.

**four days prior**

I shut my laptop and sighed. I looked out the window at the sunny skies before grabbing a sip of my water from beside my laptop. I exhale and get off my high stool and stretch out my arms.

Well - now what?

Perhaps go downstairs is an option. Get some food, chill out. Sure. I shut my door as I walk out and silently stroll through the house. Once I reach the main floor, I head towards the living room. As the doorway comes near, I stop and remember something.

"Mikayla, I have an important meeting this afternoon. Don't be a nuisance." Peter had told me earlier this morning while I munched on my breakfast.

I put my back against the opposing wall - hidden - and began to listen in on their conversation.

*Peter*

"Phil, we need to recover the file or get it back from the intruders." I told Phil as he sipped his tea on the couch opposite me.

"Mm," He said as he set down his cup. "That does need to happen. Why was this certain file so important anyways?"

"Well, for one thing - none of my files should go missing. Second of all, it was Mikayla's file. That leaves her and I both vulnerable at different stakes. That had her thumbprint and all. Anyone could get in now, also the fact if someone gets her - then we're completely screwed over." I tell him as I put my hands on my head stressfully.

"Look here, you do prove a good point, but it seems you've been keeping her trapped inside the house since Monday, so how can she even get kidnapped?" He hesitated, "Kidnapped from her kidnappers."

"Touché, Phil. Touché." I say thinking about it. I take a sip of my coffee, "Nonetheless I still need the file."

"Don't you have it on your hard drive?" Phil asked.