Chapter 6: The 1st working day surprise

Shinoa turned off the alarm clock the next morning, went to the shower and got dressed, her still damp hair she gathered into a ponytail and went to the kitchen.

She put on some hot water and grabbed a black tea from the cupboard. A few minutes later Tayla joined her, "good morning." She greeted Shinoa still half asleep, "good morning. Did you have a bad dream?" Asked Shinoa, "no, hardly slept at all. Was way too excited about today." Answering her, Shinoa smiled, "then I'll make you a coffee." "I could use that too. Will you make me one too, please?" Asked Juvia who looked as sleepy as Tayla. Shinoa laughed and prepared a cup of coffee each for her colleagues. When everyone had their drink, they went into the staff room.

At 8:10, the girls went to the kitchen. "Good morning." Greeted the girls Cana. "Hello, you three. Ready for today?" She asked the girls, "well not quite." Admitted Tayla, "don't worry, Lucifer will turn a blind eye for the first few days." Cana reassured the girls. Saphyra also came into the kitchen, "morning together, let's start the day." "Where are Shagotte and Sayaka?" Asked Juvia, "they will come around 9, stay longer for that after the evening service." Said Saphyra.

"Shagotte and Sayaka, set the table with plates, cutlery, napkins and glasses after the evening service. They also already prepare cold cuts, cheese, nature yogurt and some vegetables and put everything here in the refrigerator. Our task in the morning is to squeeze fresh orange juice, bake the bread and rolls that the boys prepared the night before, put fruit, jam, butter, honey, cold cuts, cheese, milk, yogurt and vegetables on the table. Cana explained and showed where they could find everything.

When everything was on the table, Saphyra checked again for safety. "Good, Cana you ask for tea and coffee as usual and the other two, make sure the table is never empty." Said Saphyra, the three demonesses nodded.

At 8:30 the family arrived for breakfast and sat down at their places. Cana went to the table and asked for the drinks, when everyone ordered the usual, she went to the kitchen and prepared everything and then served it. "Dad?" Started Mazikeen, "hmm?" made Lucifer and took a sip of his coffee. " Who did you have before mom?" Lucifer swallowed and looked at her "what makes you think that now?" "Saphyra told yesterday that you had another wife before mom and a daughter." Said Mazikeen. Lucifer's gaze shifted angrily to Saphyra. Shinoa stepped forward, "Your Highness, that was my fault. I had asked Saphyra who owned the room." "It's my fault too, I kept asking." Said Juvia. "Silence!" shouted Lucifer. "Come down Lucifer, it was clear that you can't keep this secret forever." Intervened Draven "your children have a right to know about Rosetta and..." "That's my decision alone." Lucifer growled, "I don't want to hear about it anymore." The children were frustrated at this. Lucifer got up from the table "Saphyra, to my office."

Saphyra followed Lucifer into the office. When Draven and the children left the hall, the girls cleared the table and prepared it for lunch. After a few minutes Shagotte, Sayaka, Yukino, some guards and the cooks came into the dining room. Juvia was confused, "did something happen." Cana shrugged, "we'll know in a minute." Saphyra joined them a little later as well, "you're all here, good. Lucifer had called me to his office earlier, in two days the Annual Banquet with the High Nobility will take place again." Saphyra announces.

"In two days? He couldn't say it on shorter notice?" Complained Zeb. "What does he need?" Asked Savage, "the aperitif will be in the large salon, but he wants a buffet of tomato-mozzarella skewers and grape-cheese skewers, and a buffet of mouth-watering sandwiches. The dinner will be served in the dining room. For appetizer potato soup with truffle, then a salad with shrimp. For the main course roast beef with red wine sauce, roast potatoes, green beans and carrots. And finally, a dessert buffet, with fruit salad, hanami dango, sakura mochi filled with red bean paste, apple pie, chocolate brownies and a white chocolate mousse." Said Saphyra.