Welcome to Loguetown

UNEDITED

"We're getting closer to Loguetown," Nami says, sitting outside, navigating the ship. "As long as the waters stay calm and we stay clear out of any storms, we should be there by morning."

The sun was setting as Nami announced this. Y/N was observing the tangerine trees that were sitting on the deck.

"I think we should stay a bit!" Luffy exclaims, climbing down from the front of the ship's statue. "You know, I've never been to Loguetown. Gold Rogers was executed there."

"By your grandfather," Nami adds. "Still can't get over the fact that the vice admiral is your grandfather."

"Oh, come on, Nami!" Luffy smiles, walking past her to the kitchen. He opens the door. "I smell food."

Nami shakes her head following him inside the kitchen. Y/N follows as well.

"Smoked some fish, and made fresh orange juice from the tangerines," Sanji was wiping the counter. "There's bread left from the other night as well."

Everybody was grabbing a plate while sitting around. Y/N adjusts herself before digging into her food.

"You excited to be getting back to your hometown?" Sanji asks Y/N, taking his seat as well.

"No," Y/N responds honestly. "I'm only going back for my mom. There really isn't much there for me."

"Why go back at all?" Zoro asks. "I mean, if there's really nothing there for you, what's the point?"

Y/N looks to Zoro quietly, before Luffy bursts out with a remark.

"Well, regardless, I want to see the platform Gold Rogers was executed on." Luffy was speaking with his mouth full. "I mean, and Zoro could get new swords! And Nami, you could get new clothes! We need more food too." Luffy pauses. "Lots more food."

Zoro scoffs with a grin on his face.

"I can show you guys around town if you'd like." Y/N offers. "That way you all can get what you want no issue. You're going to have to be quick though. There's a marine base on the island. They'll be looking for you." She then looks at Luffy. "Especially since you're the highest bounty in the East Blue now."

Nami looked at Luffy. "I don't really think we should stay if there's a marine base."

"They'll be too worried about something else. They would never expect us to show up, so we'll be alright!" Luffy responds optimistically. "And I want to make sure Y/N gets home safely."

"She can handle herself," Usopp interrupts. "I mean, what could even happen? She's not the one who's wanted. I say we just drop her off and head out and get everything we need on a different island that isn't...swarmed by marines at every corner."

"You scared?" Zoro asks, glancing at Usopp.

"Uhm, no." Usopp chuckles nervously. "Just think that it's, you know, smarter to do everything where our heads aren't going to be on the line."

"Yeah, well, I hate to break it to you, but everywhere we go now, even at sea, we're risking our lives." Nami squints her eyes at Usopp. "Sometimes I start to think you guys don't like using your brains much."

Zoro sighs. "I do need new swords. Having one doesn't feel right."

Y/N looks around at the group as they discuss. Silently, she looks away towards the closest window, observing the orange and pink sky.

---

"Y/N?"

Y/N looks back to see her dad approaching her.