The Code

[Authors POV] 

Atsumu's eyes darted around, pupils dilating in excitement at the feeling. His hands twitched with each sound and soon he found himself smiling at the sight of the expected player in front of him. 

"Omi-Omi~ I've found you," he said teasingly through the headset microphone. Sakusa stared at the split screen in front of him with a bored expression. His eyes slowly scanned his surroundings trying to find Atsumu lurking around. 

"You did, but will you be able to kill me?" 

Atsumu smirked. Those eyes glanced at the figure right next to him. "Sure I can, just don't rage later," he said. Sakusa groaned at Atsumu's cockiness and proceeded to run around the map of the game. With the gun in hand, Atsumu was wary of even stepping foot out of his hiding place. Sakusa was pretty quick though, and had already noticed an inconsistency with one of the bushes right next to one of the buildings. One of them just looked too disfigured to be a natural. He instantly shot at it which caused Atsumu to yelp and jump out; trying to avoid any more shots coming his way. Sakusa didn't spare him and instead began to chase him all throughout the map. Not only did Atsumu scream, but he frantically began pressing all the buttons on the controller and sliding throughout to avoid bullets. 

"W-Wait let me off for a bit-" Sakusa didn't. "There really is no use, Atsumu. I'm going to get you regardless." The blond nervously laughed. There was no other way of escaping Sakusa aside from running. But another devious idea popped into his head. One that Sakusa would most definitely not like, and probably would give Atsumu a harsh glare over. Atsumu ignored the thought though and nudged his knee against Sakusa's, slightly shifting it with his knee. This caused the other to tense up just slightly. He did indeed glare at Atsumu who by now was giggling to himself. He used that time to hide from Sakusa in the game once more which frustrated the other. 

"Aww don't be mad at me Omi. Just be grateful I didn't do something else more unconventional." Atsumu then laughed once more and watched as the other sneered. 

"I'm seriously considering-" The phone ringing suddenly cut Sakusa off. A groan left his lips and he paused the game to fish the phone out of his pocket before answering. Atsumu watched on, eyes gazing over the frown spread over Sakusa's face. It was evident that it must have been something concerning or, better yet, personal by the way Sakusa reacted. Only, Atsumu did not expect the man to take the phone and put it on speaker. Kenma's voice came through quietly, but just loud enough for Atsumu to hear. 

"Atsumu, we need to talk." 

Atsumu stared at the phone a bit perplexed but nodded. Sakusa then tilted the phone so that they could both listen without being too close. That is when Atsumu finally decided to speak up. "Uh yeah, what's up?" 

Kenma then cleared his throat and spoke. "We managed to get the PC that you used during the Sendai tournament and extracted the code." The blond stared for a bit, a wary look in his eyes. There was a tense atmosphere forming around the two, and Kemna's startling serious voice didn't lighten it up at all. In fact, Atsumu felt like he could've thrown up on Sakusa's carpet. No a very ethical and polite thing to do to the carpet. 

"Did'ja find anything?" Kenma sighed and it sounded like he was moving around some papers in the background. "There was indeed evidence that someone tampered with the PC before it was placed on the stage and set up. You holding down that kept not only stopped the PC from completely crashing, but it also saved you from something more serious." Atsumu lifted his brow up in confusion and looked over at Sakusa. Sakusa was just as confused as him and put the volume up on the phone to hear even more clearly. 

"Atsumu, they put all of your personal information in the hack. If you had let go, all of it would have been displayed to thousands of people in that arena."