Freaky Wrists

[Atsumu's POV]

The dim lights and the slightly cool air surrounding me were confusing enough, and yet, more confusion began to set in when my eyes adjusted to the area around me. I slowly sat up from the comfort of the white duvet tucked around my body and rapidly blinked utterly confused when I woke up. The digital clock on the unknown nightstand flashed blue with the time 3:00 a.m. and that's when I finally got out the bed and put on the slippers that had been neatly placed next to it. The familiar black and grey accents of the slippers instantly made me realize that I was still in Sakusa's place, and I stepped out of the room to a hallway I'd never seen before with sleep still clinging to my vision. The hallway was barely lit by some of the hallway plugins, but I managed to get to the living room after navigating and stopped in my tracks as the light from the TV casted shadows in the near vicinity. Those shadows only danced even more as the curls at the top of Sakusa's head moved as he reached forward to grab a mug off the coffee table.

I slowly approached and sat down on the other end of the couch which I did see slightly startled him. He carefully removed the headset he wore and placed it down on his lap along with the gaming controller.

"You should still be sleeping. Did I wake you?" His quiet voice and I slightly yawned while rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"No, I guess I wasn't tired anymore," I said before bringing my knees to my chest and staring at the screen in front of me. Sakusa only hummed and played the game, only now, he didn't put his headset back on which didn't seem like it mattered anyway as he swept through players like any other day. It didn't even look like he was putting any effort into his gameplay and was just playing on his normal instinct while also not enjoying it. It almost felt as if something was bothering him, but he didn't speak a word about it. His brow was furrowed slightly which anyone would assume would be him concentrating, but I knew what that face looked like, and it definitely didn't look like that. My mind wondered and wondered about the many things going on inside that head of his, and the only conclusion I could draw from it was his personal worries about his future in pro gaming. He never explicitly talked about it, and I never really asked for fear of being shut down immediately. However, my nosey tendencies only made me want to ask. So waiting when his game was finally over, I decided to ask my most awaited question.

"Omi, can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead," he said quietly as he adjusted his game settings.

"Well um- I mean you don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable and all-" Sakusa stared at me with a bored expression as I rambled before looking down at my hands and cursing myself for it. He urged me to continue before placing his remote along with the headset on the coffee table and turning to face me.

"Well, what do you plan to do now after that whole controversy? I know we haven't really discussed it and all, but don't you feel at least a little bit concerned for what awaits. . ." Sakusa stayed silent and those piercing eyes never left mine which only made me feel self-conscious about the whole thing. However, instead of continuing to stay silent, he brought his hand up to his messy, loose curls before ruffling them. "I was wondering when you would ask that, after all, someone as nosey as you probably was holding off on asking that to not hurt my feelings or something," he uttered and stared off ahead.

"Hey, I was only being cautious Omi. And I'm not nosey you prick," I said while glaring at him from across the couch. This in turn only made him smirk slightly which I'll admit was enough to piss me off, but not deter my caution against him.

"Well don't be, Miya. And to answer your question honestly, I am sure that my career has been hit hard enough to affect anyone, but it doesn't mean I'm going to let whoever did this to me win. After all, this isn't the first time I've been targeted for cheating. Not something a bit of reputation polishing won't fix against these tech nerds."