42.

A/N New chapter because Seventeen's speech was so heartwarming 🥺

::

First Prince Choi Seungcheol knew of the skeletons stashed away in his closet. His position made it inevitable and his father left him no choice. Two of his former friends, Mingyu and Minnie sat before him, swallowing coffee and biscuits at his request.

"I'm sorry for arranging a meeting like this," Seungcheol offered politely, "You may be taken aback by the situation but it has been arranged in such a way as there was something I needed to say."

The two were privy to many of his skeletons. Minnie and Mingyu knew as much as Jeonghan did. That left him in their care. Seungcheol was aware that the only reason neither of them had ever betrayed him was because of the affection they had built over their childhood.

Mingyu too, was surprised to see Seungcheol again. The young childish Prince he once knew, had changed. It had barely been a few minutes that the duo had been in the room but Mingyu could tell. Seungcheol had changed. On the other hand, Kim Mingyu peeked sideways at his unchanging stubborn twin. It wasn't going to be easy, leaving the room with one of the two alive. After all, Minne was boring holes into the Prince's face to provoke him quite evidently. Minnie and Seungcheol were similar with much bad blood between them.

Mingyu took it upon himself to mediate, "Hyung," the word slipped out casually out of habit, "Ah, Your Highness," he quickly fixed his address, "What is it that you wanted to say to us? Is there a particular reason for you to hijack our meeting wi...

Mingyu took it upon himself to mediate, "Hyung," the word slipped out casually out of habit, "Ah, Your Highness," he quickly fixed his address, "What is it that you wanted to say to us? Is there a particular reason for you to hijack our meeting with Princess Ari?"

Seungcheol opened his mouth to speak but it was Minnie's sharp remark that met the air first, "Does the Princess not value us enough to run away from the meeting in such a dismissive manner?"

Minnie's eyes bore suspicions against the creators of her current situation. A last-minute meeting change? It was unlikely that Ari did not know. To take charge of a Princess's personal parlour like this, the thief had to be someone with equal power or more. But even so, doing such a thing without Ari's knowledge would be next to impossible. So, was Ari already aware and let it happen intentionally?

Minnie bit her lip. She hated being taken advantage of, more than anything. She did not expect, Ari of all people to resort to such schemes.

"That's not why," Seungcheol was quick to respond. "Rather, Ari allowed me to step into this meeting on her behalf because she values the both of you quite highly."

Seungcheol glanced over to the two. Minnie had crossed her arms over her chest, disappointed. Still, as if urging the First Prince to speak, she waited hesitantly. Mingyu too, offered an assuring nod that retained Seungcheol's pride.

"Ari and I are dating." He flat-out answered. It was the clear solution to all the questions spinning around in the duo's heads, the obvious reason behind it all. "Your strategy to walk out of the neutral faction of Counsellors expressed keen interest in joining her side. Hence, she chose to be honest first. With me opening the card, you would not be left in the dark. Princess Ari is being considerate to you two and the past we share."