15. WHAT'S MINE IS YOURS

Start from the beginning

"Go and check what damage you have caused. You're getting engaged for god sake, Samanun! You just tainted our family name!" Grandma said sternly, causing sweats on her palms.

The unfamiliar sight shook Mon as she never witnessed the Samanun Anuntrakul in a terrified state.

'She's afraid of her grandmother?'

"Yes, I will come back to you once I find out what happened." She hung up the call, slid back her messy hair, and immediately checked all the messages sent to her.

She clicked the link, and her eyes widened. There are tons of images of her on the dance floor, being kissed on the cheek and the image of her and Mon in the parking lot hugging...

But, they only revealed Sam's face but not Mon, whether they were being blurred or the angle managed to hide Mon's face.

"What the fuck is this??? Mon?" She turned to Mon. "When did you find out?"

"A while ago, but it has been released since 9 this morning." Mon huffed.

"How did you find out?"

"Yuki. She sent me the article and it started with ThaiNews and then all the media started to publish the same news."

"It looks like they are competing to gain the click," Sam stated.

"What's wrong with them working on Sunday, though!" Mon questioned the working day of the media companies.

"They are too eager and competing on who will get the exclusive news that's why other media only published after ThaiNews. Did they manage to find out you're the one in the picture?"

"For now, not yet. But, a few names are being mentioned and... there are a few accounts that seem to be sure that the other woman is Nita. Did you girls use to be in relationships?"

"WHAT? FUCK! Fuck! Fuck!" Sam keeps chanting the curse words, hands on her head, thinking after hearing the revelation from the younger girl.

She abruptly stood up from her seat and dialled numbers on her phone. She anxiously pacing in the living room while waiting for the call to be picked up.

"Hello, Will, publish a statement that I will clarify everything tomorrow at 12 in our conference room, clear? And do it now!" She ordered her secretary.

She hung up the phone and called another number. She takes a deep breath before she brings the phone near her ear.

"Hello, grandma. About the article, the girl in the picture is Mon." This time, there's no more visible fear on her face. " I will announce our engagement tomorrow........." The statement shook Mon, who'd been watching the whole occasion made by the older girl.

"Yeah, don't worry, I will take care of everything...... Yeah, I will inform them too.... Mon is with me now...Thank you, grandma. I'm sorry for the commotion. "

And.. she's not done there. After she hung up on Grandma, she dialled another number. Mon's eyes just fixed on the older girl.

"Good morning, Mrs. Pohn." She greeted through the phone. Mon's eyes widened, immediately on her two feet, and followed the raven to listen better to the conversation.

"First, I'm sorry about the circulating news on the internet ." She jumped right into the discussion.

'Nothing to be sorry about, Sam. It's not even your fault.' Mon can hear her mother denying Sam's guilt on the line.

"Well, regarding the issues, is it okay if I announce our engagement officially tomorrow? I thought about doing a press conference to clarify and clear the misunderstanding. It has been swirling around wildly now."