𝟏𝟐.

मैं बारिश की बोली समझता नहीं था हवाओं से मैं यूँ उलझता नहीं था है सीने में दिल भी कहाँ थी मुझे ये खबर

है सीने में दिल भी कहाँ थी मुझे ये खबर

The mood is joyous all around with the beats of dhol being played and the folk songs being sung, the smell of ladoos fried in desi ghee wafting in the air just adds to the essence of the situation

The mood is joyous all around with the beats of dhol being played and the folk songs being sung, the smell of ladoos fried in desi ghee wafting in the air just adds to the essence of the situation. The kids are all running around with sweets in their hands, and all the ladies have surrounded the bride with their talks and the way she is blushing I can already guess what they are currently talking about, typical aunties everywhere.

Thank god I am currently sitting with Mr.Suryavanshi or else they would have pulled me in with their group too.

The mother of the bride along with all her friends and cousins arrive after sometime and start putting the sacred haldi on her, the adorable smile she holds lights up everyone’s heart. One by one each of the family member have their turn and it seems they suddenly realize that we are also sitting here.

“Aaiye hukum rani sa aap agar hamari beti ko apne shubh haaton se haldi lagayengi to humein yakeen hai ki uska aane wala jivan khushaal hi hoga.”

(Welcome madam, if you rub this paste on her with your sacred hands then I believe here upcoming future will be filled with blessings and happieness.)

Saying it they pull me towards the bride even tho she is older to me. When I take the haldi and get closer to her to rub it on her, a strange feeling engulfs me, the happiness which shines in her eyes, the way she is ready and excited for the new phase of her life makes me feel left out.

 I rub the haldi on her and come back to sit but my bad luck but the volcano is busy talking with all the elders and now I am all alone among strangers, this couldn’t have been any worse.

My mood totally sours it’s even hard for me to accept what I am feeling at the moment.

Why just why I didn’t have any of these things and just got married suddenly? I also wanted to have a fairytale wedding of my dreams where I would have all of my family beside me celebrating my happiness along with my Mr.Lover.