𝟓.

मेरी अधूरी कहानी, लो दास्ताँ बन गयीतूने छुआ आज ऐसे, मैं क्या से क्या बन गयी

तूने छुआ आज ऐसे, मैं क्या से क्या बन गयी

As mumma and papa walk beside me followed by Prithvi, Mansi and Dhriti, the gravity of the decision I had just made came onto me full force as the mandap finally comes into my view

As mumma and papa walk beside me followed by Prithvi, Mansi and Dhriti, the gravity of the decision I had just made came onto me full force as the mandap finally comes into my view. Upon my entry Jashn - e - bahara starts to play, Oh! What an irony it's more like Jashn - e - matam happening at the moment, never had I thought that the choices I'll be making for di will become my own.

As I get in front of the stage all eyes focus on me including the cameras of the paparazzi present here. Trying not to embarrass myself I slowly lift my lahenga to climb the steps to the stage when I see him forwarding his hand for me. Because of the veil I can't get a good look at his face as a result I can't read his emotions too, he was left like this by my sister and judging by what I know about him, how ruthless he is, he can't be this calm can he?

Not knowing what he thinks of this situation is what's making me more nervous, god how am I gonna face all this?! Not getting too lost in my thoughts I take his hand and pull myself up the stage.

Mansi comes with the varmalas and hands us both our respective one and after passing me a reassuring smile leaves.

Okay! Fuck it, I'm gonna do this.

I go forward first and put the varmala around his neck, I can clearly hear the crowds erupting into cheers and claps when he comes forward and puts the varmala around my neck too. At the exact moment my feelings are all jumbled, should I smile, or should I cry, the day I had cherished dreams about, the day which was supposed to be a forever priceless memory just turned into a numb and emotionless one.

"Tie the mangalsutra around her neck and fill the sindoor in her hair partition." Panditji says bringing me out of my trance, this moment and it'll all be sealed. Taking the mangalsutra, he ties it around my neck and the next moment when my veil is lifted I am met directly with his eyes.

In those dark brown orbs reflects anger and hate with layers and layers of depth in it. I am suddenly very nervous but wait, why should I be - it's not like I did this or I am responsible for any of this. I hate this as much as him.